I’ve been playing fighting games since they were created, and I have no fukkin idea whats going on..

Is this a respected series??

• Total voters

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
Whenever you get hit, it knocks you back and adds to your percentage. The higher your percentage, the further you get knocked back. At 100%+ percent, you’re on the ropes and like one solid hit away from being sent flying

The items and extra stuff make it fun for casual/party play and can help even skill gap between players. Competitive Smash is played w/ stocks (set number of lives) and no items or enviroment hazard on select levels. If you watch professional players go against each other, its gonna look totally different to how you and your nephew play

Honestly tho breh a lot of what you’re asking is answered in the lil 30 second tutorial video at the start of the game:patrice:

I suppose that explains the mechanics but the game always seems like the whole screen is blowing up for no reason and the power scaling is nonsense...meanwhile dbz vs marvel games at least make sense when the screen fukkin explodes and shyt happens

Renkz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh, just play more with items and have some fun, you don't want to get into competitive smash,.

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
INCREDIBLY arguable. Tekken is probably the most accessible to novices and deep for vets
I mean just the fact that you can play up to 8 in the same game makes Smash more suited for social events than anything out there.

Tekken might be accessible for a fighting game... But in terms of casual fun, I don't think most would choose it over Smash. In my experience Smash is really a go to but maybe it's just the crowd I generally hang with.

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
Are we acting like smash is some new age cutting edge shyt? If i made this thread about db fighter z maybe you'd be on to something.

Plus I said I'm 38 years old and have been playing since NES. Calling me old or washed isn't exactly an insult :heh:

Last edited: