I’ve been playing fighting games since they were created, and I have no fukkin idea whats going on..

Is this a respected series??

• Total voters

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
In Smash Bros :why:

i’m a triple og streetfighter 2 player, i had fukkin street fighter 1 on commodore AMIGA, mk 1 and 2 in arcades, i’m fairly legit in SSFIV on live to this day (i’ve prolly beat you as Balrog) i have played every major fighting series....

I dont understand wtf is going on in Smash, and haven’t since the og n64 release. I just constantly feel like everyone is mashing buttons, jumping with no sense, using powerups that are random, and the whole goal is just to knock someone off the platform? Wtf is the % bar? Do i want it 100 or 0%?

My 5 year old nephew just bodied me in Ultimate...wtf world is this brehs?:francis:

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
In Smash Bros :why:

i’m a triple og streetfighter 2 player, i had fukkin street fighter 1 on commodore AMIGA, mk 1 and 2 in arcades, i’m fairly legit in SSFIV on live to this day (i’ve prolly beat you as Balrog) i have played every major fighting series....

I dont understand wtf is going on in Smash, and haven’t since the og n64 release. I just constantly feel like everyone is mashing buttons, jumping with no sense, using powerups that are random, and the whole goal is just to knock someone off the platform? Wtf is the % bar? Do i want it 100 or 0%?

My 5 year old nephew just bodied me in Ultimate...wtf world is this brehs?:francis:

Damn, flabby since 99

:flabbynsick:

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Whenever you get hit, it knocks you back and adds to your percentage. The higher your percentage, the further you get knocked back. At 100%+ percent, you’re on the ropes and like one solid hit away from being sent flying

The items and extra stuff make it fun for casual/party play and can help even skill gap between players. Competitive Smash is played w/ stocks (set number of lives) and no items or enviroment hazard on select levels. If you watch professional players go against each other, its gonna look totally different to how you and your nephew play

Honestly tho breh a lot of what you’re asking is answered in the lil 30 second tutorial video at the start of the game:patrice:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Whenever you get hit, it knocks you back and adds to your percentage. The higher your percentage, the further you get knocked back. At 100%+ percent, you’re on the ropes and like one solid hit away from being sent flying

The items and extra stuff make it fun for casual/party play and can help even skill gap between players. Competitive Smash is played w/ stocks (set number of lives) and no items or enviroment hazard on select levels. If you watch professional players go against each other, its gonna look totally different to how you and your nephew play

Honestly tho breh a lot of what you’re asking is answered in the lil 30 second tutorial video at the start of the game:patrice:

great breakdown…made watching that vid far more intense…never got the percentages thing