Its time to remind you all that 4K is a lie

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Oh, I'm not doubting you, I just already know you're eventually going to get hit with a wall of text about some shyt you don't care about just because you said you don't understand why he can't be happy with his purchase and shut the fukk up already. :manny:

When you're so right you gotta quote yourself. :wow:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Stop making such long winded ass responses and maybe people will read your shyt:dahell:
Bruh, I'm not dumbing myself down so I can fit into your snapchap length attention spans :stop:
Having an intellectual conversation requires reading and comprehension. The big LIE that this thread is about isn't something to be understood in a line.
And if the topic is too complicated for you or whoever, there is no need to be apart of it if that's the case.

What is clear is I made this thread, and I made my case for every single talking point I touched on.
You know what hasn't happened? Not a single rebuttal, not a single piece of evidence to the contrary. Just a lot of butthurt replies with nothing to back up anything all of you have said. So its facinating to me to watch as alll you try to justify your ignoreance on this subject.

Like if 20postrers gonna go "Yo, this nikka right. We have been fooled"
Its the right response, but is that how people operate these days? Of course not. But I tell you what. I'll be here, and if anyone has anything to say that shows I'm in the wrong. I will read it, and I will respond to it like an intellectual would :handshake: Maybe I can get that type of behavior in return. Especially in a thread where everyone acts like I'm wrong. OK, show us all how I'm wrong on anything I've posted in this thread :popcorn3:

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
giphy.gif

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
@Bubba T You are on a forum which is literally a place to communicate via words. And on forums everyone is allowed to make up whatever topics they want to discuss. If these topics are not of interest to you then you don't and shouldn't take part in the conversation.

So what is really going on here if you slow down all the butthurt immaturity?

I'm making my points, and you're replying with... well, nothing. So you're making my point. Anybody who can read can see this so I'll be here all day pointing out the obvious :win:

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
Go play control on a crt then get back to me, or explain to the Coli why the picture quality is BETTER on a CRT than it would be on an hdtv
Court, I'm laughing because after all the lengthy replies, you went and bought a 4k TV.

Send me a HDMI to AV converter and I'll test it your theory.

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
OP is correct. Resolution is relative to distance, so beyond a certain distance, your eyes can't discern the difference between a 1080 and 4k TV. Hell, if you stand far back enough you can't tell the difference between a 4k TV and a 480i CRT. This is regarding just the display. When you bring the resolution of the source material into play, things change. Ideally, to get the most out of a display, the incoming signal should be of higher quality than your display. Meaning, if you had 2 1080p displays, but one was showing a movie in 1080p and the other TV was fed the same movie, but in 4k, the TV with the 4k feed will look slightly better. TVs have always done a better job down-rezing the incoming signal than upscaling it, So I always laugh at dudes with 8k TVs watching primarily 4k content.

This new CRT craze is stupid. CRTs were good, but not great. I use to own a 36" widescreen HD CRT. It was awesome, but when I replaced it with a Samsung D series 7000 Plasma, I never looked back. CRT was no longer king once Pioneer Elite released its first 72hz Plasma.

I'm an old-head who worked over 10 years selling ultra high-end A/V (Krell, McIntosh, B&W, Wilson, Faroudja, Runco, etc). I was also ISF certified around 2003 and use to calibrate TVs as a side hustle.

Jim Cornette

The Cult of Meat with Extra Cheese...
Daps
Reppin
Australia
OP is correct. Resolution is relative to distance, so beyond a certain distance, your eyes can't discern the difference between a 1080 and 4k TV. Hell, if you stand far back enough you can't tell the difference between a 4k TV and a 480i CRT. This is regarding just the display. When you bring the resolution of the source material into play, things change. Ideally, to get the most out of a display, the incoming signal should be of higher quality than your display. Meaning, if you had 2 1080p displays, but one was showing a movie in 1080p and the other TV was fed the same movie, but in 4k, the TV with the 4k feed will look slightly better. TVs have always done a better job down-rezing the incoming signal than upscaling it, So I always laugh at dudes with 8k TVs watching primarily 4k content.

This new CRT craze is stupid. CRTs were good, but not great. I use to own a 36" widescreen HD CRT. It was awesome, but when I replaced it with a Samsung D series 7000 Plasma, I never looked back. CRT was no longer king once Pioneer Elite released its first 72hz Plasma.

I'm an old-head who worked over 10 years selling ultra high-end A/V (Krell, McIntosh, B&W, Wilson, Faroudja, Runco, etc). I was also ISF certified around 2003 and use to calibrate TVs as a side hustle.
:wtf:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

fishing-kid.gif

Red Money

All Star
Daps

People sitting to close to the TV for the size. Higher is for more details on like a Microsoft studio where you a foot away from the screen.

40inch 1080p with HDR is good as 4k five feet away....unless you the rare 20/10 vision.