It's time to have a talk about Shaq...

DraymondT

Superstar
Daps
Inside the NBA was at its peak when GP and CWebb would be on there wit em back in the day. Nothing in sports media

2nd was NBA TV but I cant find much other clips when they was on Inside but it was pure comedy every time. These 2 on NBA and then the original 3 of Inside. It was still great wit Shaq but this corny ass insecure nikka got his moments just had his moments that killing the vibe he got better over the years but still there

RAX 010

NYG LWO METS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
EAST✈WEST
Shaquille got y'all feeling real sassy in this thread ...
Now I bet none of y'all would tell the Big Aristotle any of that sh!t to his face
:stopitslime:

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
It’s time be honest about that entire show, it’s horrible, Chuck is the only good analyst there and he only puts effort during the playoffs, the other 82 games he’s just being a buffoon trying to get people to laugh at his tired old jokes, Kenny is as barebones as can get and thinks he’s smarter than he actually is, Ernie is way too passive aggressive and doesn’t wrangle these guys enough and Shaq, well you already said what needed to be said about him

Im glad it’s being cancelled, GOOD RIDDANCE !!
Still putting them over espn

Mull

Pro
Daps
He’s gotten a lot better and ingratiated himself over time. He was completely insufferable when he first got to TNT

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
The NBA on TNT show was funny with Ernie, Kenny and Charles because Charles and Kenny didn't mind being the butt of the joke.

Shaq clearly minds and his pettiness has taken the show down a level. They still get viewers and they still win awards, but that's mostly due to how well Ernie runs the show and how naturally funny Barkley is. Shaq is Mark Madsen on these shows riding coattails.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Great players generally struggle as analysts for the same reason the struggle as cosches. They dont understand the nuances of the game like that and/or cant really put it to words because they never had to. It was as simple as "just be better" for him. Its like Eddie Murphy or Bernie Mac trying to expain comedy. It certain stuff they just get or can do that none of us could ever.

Also Shaq is an insecure child who has gotten away with bullshyt for 30 years due to being Shaq. You look at his back and forth with Dray. Dude said he has a 9 ft wing span just to one up dude on some petty shyt. nikka coulda just used his real wing span. He probably doesnt know it or fully understand the concept because why would he need to? Then Dray straight jedi mind tricked him with the fight shyt. He is better and would dominate Dray but Dray with that role player mentality is much better at thinking the shyt through and explaining it whether he is right or wrong. Same with Kenny.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
oILt8uq.png

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
It’s fine. It’s entertainment. It’s got personalities. Could it be more insightful? Sure. But I think Kenny, Ernie, and whatever guest they have do the best at that. You already know what you are going to get from Shaq/Chuck. I’d still take their show ten times a week over the trash at ESPN

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
I will say Shaq interviewing other players is my big issue. That exchange he had with Donovan Mitchell a few years ago was so uncomfortable and petty. Completely uncalled

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The extremes yall use as alternative examples are always ass and never from the mouths you claim to be speaking for. :childplease:
I’ve seen people complain about Draymond when he has been closer to Kenny than the others

Actually giving basketball breakdown’s/schemes.