It's time to have a talk about Shaq...

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Serious question, why do some of ya'll nikkas really care about in depth analysis after the game? Ya'll tryna coach or make it to the league one day? I just laugh and listen to the barber shop type talk they give.

why is “in-depth analysis “your soul go to? Why can’t it be a dislike for a complete lack of it shrouded in pettiness that Shaq represents? How about their lack of celebrating the NBA? Why cant that be an issue to people tired of toxic coverage you think is normal?

I believe both of ya'll are Boxing fans. IMO Boxing shows/podcasts is easily the best in sports when it comes to balancing regular commentary with actual analysis. Other sports it sways too much in either direction. But with Boxing just by the nature of the sport can blend in both seamlessly. Tennis is really good at this too

Daps
He's terrible! Even in his role as "comic relief". What made Inside great was the spontaneous reaction to the highlights or comments. But if a joke worked one night, Shaq would bring it up again. And again. And again.

Racing Kenny to the video board is an example of what I'm talking about. It was funny once or twice but Shaq ran that shyt into the ground.

concise

Veteran
Daps

Red Money

All Star
Daps
Charles Barkley is openly rooting for the Mavs talking about he doesn't wanna go back to MN. I'm sure Silver is loving this.

SAS always wants to go to South Beach and roots for the heat since he was on first take during Heatles era.

Why does it matter for Barkley to have a preference?

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Shaw is a clown. For as sensitive a player as he was, it's unbelievable that he plays the silly "I'm criticizing you to motivate you" angle.
To his credit, his addition to the show is more than I thought it would be. Thought he would flop, and he didn't. But his act is old.

deeman

All Star
Daps
SAS always wants to go to South Beach and roots for the heat since he was on first take during Heatles era.

Why does it matter for Barkley to have a preference?
Because basketball is the only short where they pull this shyt. A national broadcast shouldn’t be biased at all.

Goodell would have someone’s head on a platter if they said this in the NFL.

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Serious question, why do some of ya'll nikkas really care about in depth analysis after the game? Ya'll tryna coach or make it to the league one day? I just laugh and listen to the barber shop type talk they give.
Exactly. When I want serious in depth analysis, I come to the Coli.

:lolbron:

Red Money

All Star
Daps
Because basketball is the only short where they pull this shyt. A national broadcast shouldn’t be biased at all.

Goodell would have someone’s head on a platter if they said this in the NFL.

Superbowl is a neutral site....no need for location preference plus it's only one game.

Maybe NBA Finals should be a neutral location....Late Spring/ Early summer you can really move it around if ya want like the All Star game. Or Always have it in Florida or California, lol.

deeman

All Star
Daps
Superbowl is a neutral site....no need for location preference plus it's only one game.

Maybe NBA Finals should be a neutral location....Late Spring/ Early summer you can really move it around if ya want.
It’s not just about the location these dudes are ready for their gig to be over. They have no interest in seeing a Wolves comeback.

Red Money

All Star
Daps
It’s not just about the location these dudes are ready for their gig to be over. They have no interest in seeing a Wolves comeback.

I guess they not doing anything for the finals like a NBA TV spot or something....or ESPN appearance.

If they going home...yeah, it's a bad look not to want it to go 7 games. But TNT guys minus Ernie ain't going to pretend to be behind the 4th wall....part of their appeal even though it alienates Timberwolves and/or ANT Man fans.

It's hard to judge TNT crew along traditional TV media lines....