Its time to crown Denzel as the GOAT actor

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I cant help but notice but 100% not 90%, not 80%, but 100% of the posters in this thread who say "denzel just plays denzel in every movie" has a corny avatar :mjpls:

I dont wanna make any assumptions about what kind of people these people are :mjpls:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
So can u say its because of acting or just the story line? Because if I did want to see a movie again it's because of the story line never the acting. What about you?
I guess the story idk :manny:

i have no desire to re watch deja vu, out of time, john q, unstoppable, taking of pelham 123 etc after the initial viewing.

I have no issues with him as an actor..if anything he elevates more mediocre films

Rocket Scientist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
High IQ
I dont care what Denzel movie was ok "He Got Game" etc.... but way he played Malcolm X :blessed: (yea movie is over 20 years old but who cares)makes him one of the GOAT's.

KinksandCoils

African American Queen
Daps
Reppin
Locker room
I guess the story idk :manny:

i have no desire to re watch deja vu, out of time, john q, unstoppable, taking of pelham 123 etc after the initial viewing.

I have no issues with him as an actor..if anything he elevates more mediocre films
I don't want to see those either. Well I watched John q many of times... I think it may be the story more:ld:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
I cant help but notice but 100% not 90%, not 80%, but 100% of the posters in this thread who say "denzel just plays denzel in every movie" has a corny avatar :mjpls:

I dont wanna make any assumptions about what kind of people these people are :mjpls:

:dwillhuh:

:camby:

avon barksdale

i want my corners
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Prison
Sam L takes that cake for me.
tumblr_mqpa7tcwuq1sb97l6o1_500.gif

Mandizi

5-I-3 till I D-I-E
Daps
Reppin
Cincy
Denzel the man in this hollywood shyt.

I don't know about all-time though, cause I don't follow movies/actors like that.

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
I don't think that's true or maybe you just haven't seen Daniel Day Lewis in movies. He's very versatile.

Has Daniel Day Lewis every done a comedy or played a light hearted role? As a dramatic actor he's arguably the best ever, but versatility to me means being able to do action, drama, comedy, suspense, fantasy etc...and Denzel has done all those things.

Chelsea Bridge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Has Daniel Day Lewis every done a comedy or played a light hearted role? As a dramatic actor he's arguably the best ever, but versatility to me means being able to do action, drama, comedy, suspense, fantasy etc...and Denzel has done all those things.
Versatility in genres doesn't mean much if your character stays the same. Daniel Day Lewis is versatile in the characters he plays. That, IMO, is what makes him a great actor. He can play multiple roles and with each one you can never mistake him for his other characters.

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Who cares. Daniel Day's character range are far more impressive than any other out there. Only Depp comes close, but Day's characters are far more convincing than Depp.

Day's Bill the butcher character is the greatest performance I've ever seen.

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
Versatility in genres doesn't mean much if your character stays the same. Daniel Day Lewis is versatile in the characters he plays. That, IMO, is what makes him a great actor. He can play multiple roles and with each one you can never mistake him for his other characters.

So we redefining versatility now lol? DDL is great for dramatic roles, that's it. It doesn't matter how much his characters are different from each, he's still playing them under one category which is drama.

In other words, Denzel can do what DDL do or come close to it...but DDL can't do the same. That's why Denzel wins. :win:

Who cares. Daniel Day's character range are far more impressive than any other out there. Only Depp comes close, but Day's characters are far more convincing than Depp.

Day's Bill the butcher character is the greatest performance I've ever seen.

Who cares about range? I'm talking about who can entertain me at the movies in a variety of roles/stories.

Last edited: