The time that my friend and I went to a Hollywood Narcotics Anonymous meeting ... a note on how easy an actor can manipulate a group

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Tell his goofy ass to come on down to the dojo and act like a guy who's pretending hes got a black belt in brazillian jiujitsu. It will be a great humiliation ritual to subdue his ego to depths that allow him to bring new life his characters.
I would like to strangle the daylights out of this guy to a point he kind of breaks character and can't continue his facade. I'll pass him to a few other training partners who will also beat his ass. After he leaves we'll all share stories about that fake black belt guy who came in that one day and use the destruction of his character to bond.

Dont@Me

😡
Daps
Tell his goofy ass to come on down to the dojo and act like a guy who's pretending hes got a black belt in brazillian jiujitsu. It will be a great humiliation ritual to subdue his ego to depths that allow him to bring new life his characters.
I would like to strangle the daylights out of this guy to a point he kind of breaks character and can't continue his facade. I'll pass him to a few other training partners who will also beat his ass. After he leaves we'll all share stories about that fake black belt guy who came in that one day and use the destruction of his character to bond.
He'll have the time of his life over at that McDojo compared to my Muay Thai gym :unimpressed:

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
and?

what are you getting at? i've known a few sociopaths/ASPD types in my day.

im glad i dont now. ive seen them do some awful shyt, too.

i wouldn't make it a habit of sharing this with people, if i were you.

mag357

Superstar
Daps
Everybody does this everyday bruh.
Everyone is an actor manipulating people, but they are better at it than your friend cause they truly believe their own bs

All Humans are incredible method actors

Savvir

Veteran
Daps
It takes a unique person to pull off this kind of character.
You gotta be new to Hollywood to think this.

LA is a land full of people faking who they are to get something. My brothers homie would play the big real estate broker role and pull coke out at every opportunity

shyt, I’ve seen people fake being Jewish to get an in, fake having a military career, fake being a drug dealer, artist, etc.

This story isn’t amazing at all.

Blackrogue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Nai
There is something to be gleaned from the story though. How easily people can be manipulated by a sociopathic stranger or someone who has an agenda to sway people a certain way (being a sociopath or selfish is key).

All you need is a story. Knowing peoples triggers and knowing how people unwittingly are conned by ideas that telegraph wealth, class or any other social construct without them being aware.

OPs friend demonstrated the idea out. He told a story in a room full of people and the story became real. It happens everywhere in politics and the social arena.