**ITS OFFICIAL** Walt Disney buys 21st Century FOX

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
The punisher is a TV show, not a film.

So again, it holds the same amount of weight as making comparisons to what disney did 20 years ago in film.

Disney bought miramax and the now current ceo shut it down because they are only interested in making family friendly blockbuster franchises. He said so himself.

Don't know why this has to keep being repeated.

What about Touchstone pictures?

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
It was distributed by BOTH Lionesgate and Marvel Studios iirc.

Marvel wasn't owned by Disney back then. And they made the Blade Trilogy back then too.

Produced under Marvel Knights banner; distributed by Lionsgate Films in the U.S. and Canada and Columbia Pictures in other territories; not part of MCU

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
What about Touchstone pictures?
What about it? Touchstone pictures has been completely gutted. It's just a brand name for films disney doesn't want to release. It's not even a real company anymore.

They didn't release a single film in 2017. And they released 1 film in 2016.

On top of that they were founded as company to make adult aimed films. And now they just release a pg 13 film every couple years.

That's what is supposed to make us feel better about the future of fox? :skip:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The punisher is a TV show, not a film. And it's different company (Netflix) making it. Disney doesn't own Netflix. But they do own abc. And guess what? The ABC marvel shows are family friendly neutered safe shyt.

Furthermore the TV and film divisions of marvel are completely different.

So again, it holds the same amount of weight as making comparisons to what disney did 20 years ago in film.

Disney bought miramax and the now current ceo shut it down because they are only interested in making family friendly blockbuster franchises. He said so himself.

Don't know why this has to keep being repeated.

I don't get your logic here. Regardless of who made it, Disney had to sign off on it as they own the characters.

Regardless of who owns ABC, obviously the content is going to be more family friendly than Netflix. It doesn't matter who made "Punisher", it would never appear on ABC in it's current form, anyway. It's apples and oranges.

Not to mention, ABC is actually a production company for "Punisher".:jbhmm:

If you still want to split hairs and argue a TV show and movie are vastly different....despite Disney having to OK both, anyway....would you rather see a "Deadpool" movie....or a "Deadpool" series?

Imagine "Old Man Logan" as a TV series. It's possible with this deal.

Fred.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I don't get your logic here. Regardless of who made it, Disney had to sign off on it as they own the characters.

Regardless of who owns ABC, obviously the content is going to be more family friendly than Netflix. It doesn't matter who made "Punisher", it would never appear on ABC in it's current form, anyway. It's apples and oranges.

Not to mention, ABC is actually the production company for "Punisher".:jbhmm:

If you still want to split hairs and argue a TV show and movie are vastly different....despite Disney having to OK both, anyway....would you rather see a "Deadpool" movie....or a "Deadpool" series?

Imagine "Old Man Logan" as a TV series. It's possible with this deal.

Fred.
The only reason punisher exists is because Kevin feige and the film divisions did not want him. Same goes with any of the current people on the TV series. They get the scraps not wanted.

And I sure as fukk don't want to imagine Deadpool or old man Logan as TV series made by marvels current TV division. They are for the most awful and look extremely low budget.

If this happens wolverine will be in bright yellow and making smart ass corny quips in the next mcu film.

Show me the last r rated film disney film. I'll wait.

Because the TV division ain't getting their hands on x men that people care about.

Again, you're trying to compare apples and oranges yourself and grasping at things. I mean bringing up miramax as a defense,a company shut down for the exact reasons people are complaining about is :skip:

The TV and film divisions are different entities. It's not "splitting hairs" to point out facts.

Logan and Deadpool would have never been made by Disney.

Last edited:

parallax

Superstar
Daps
The only reason punisher exists is because Kevin feige and the film divisions did not want him. Same goes with any of the current people on the TV series. They get the scraps not wanted.

And I sure as fukk don't want to imagine Deadpool or old man Logan as TV series made by marvels current TV division. They are for the most awful and look extremely low budget.

If this happens wolverine will be in bright yellow and making smart ass corny quips in the next mcu film.

Show me the last r rated film disney film. I'll wait.

Because the TV division ain't getting their hands on x men that people care about.

Again, you're trying to compare apples and oranges yourself and grasping at things. I mean bringing up miramax as a defense,a company shut down for the exact reasons people are complaining about is :skip:

The TV and film divisions are different entities. It's not "splitting hairs" to point out facts.

Logan and Deadpool would have never been made by Disney.

deadpool almost wasnt made either. if reynolds didnt keep pushing for it the movie would have been on a shelf somewhere. they lucked into gold with it. and honestly nothing outside of the killings would have changed logan if it were rated lower

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
We all focused on FF and XMen ..... this deal gives Disney control of the original SW trilogy as well ... time to start Vaulting the trilogies and tripling the price

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Hey.... I'm just curious.....:stopitslime:

Whats difference between a Production Company and a Distributor?:rudy:
And do distributors write scripts, direct, and have final say so on ANYTHING creative regarding the show/movie?:mindblown:

besides LOKI .. don't talk about villains cause Marvels track record aint all that great... did we all forget the MAndarin and Zemo .. and Ultron and whoever else the same people are in here praising the deal was in the individual movie thread bashing..

the only bad ass villain they own is Vader everybody else pretty much been a one and done

What movie was Mandarin in? Last I've heard... he hasnt made his debut yet:ohhh:

Martha

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Hey.... I'm just curious.....:stopitslime:

Whats difference between a Production Company and a Distributor?:rudy:
And do distributors write scripts, direct, and have final say so on ANYTHING creative regarding the show/movie?:mindblown:

What movie was Mandarin in? Last I've heard... he hasnt made his debut yet:ohhh:

Martha

Production company is the guys who makes the product.... A distributor is the people who promotes and markets and shows the product off... A distributor in Essence would be netflix... IE a platform that shows movies, tv and media... :ld: I'm just spitballing here I'm still learning about media markets and the lingo myself. Another example is BAD ROBOT is the JJ abrahms production company, Shondaland is Shonda Rhymes production company...

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Production company is the guys who makes the product.... A distributor is the people who promotes and markets and shows the product off... A distributor in Essence would be netflix... IE a platform that shows movies, tv and media... :ld: I'm just spitballing here I'm still learning about media markets and the lingo myself. Another example is BAD ROBOT is the JJ abrahms production company, Shondaland is Shonda Rhymes production company...

So basically..... DISTRIBUTORS have no say in the creativity of movies or shows and in essence, like as coincidentally stated, a NETFLIX just promotes, markets and in some cases provides the platform for the product to be moved per say?:ehh:

I'm just trynna understand why or how Netflix keeps getting credit for "creating content" when most cases they are listed as Distributors instead of Producers.:ld:

Martha

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
So basically..... DISTRIBUTORS have no say in the creativity of movies or shows and in essence, like as coincidentally stated, a NETFLIX just promotes, markets and in some cases provides the platform for the product to be moved per say?

Martha

It depends...:ld: The distributors didn't make the product but if it's a co-junction venture I figure some execs might be inclined to throw their input in the project...

Like if I create a product and get netflix to host and promote it, more often not netflix has no say in what I create if I own it. but if I go to netflix and they put their money up with the creation of it I imagine they might tend to influence the product...:ld: I still need more research. there's been instances of movie studio execs overriding the writers of the movie scripts... why... because they are the bankrollers of the project. They have a financial stake so their word means more...