**ITS OFFICIAL** Walt Disney buys 21st Century FOX

parallax

Superstar
Daps
So you want everything to be the same? Monopolies are a bad thing for everyone in the long run. Viacom anyone?

are they supposed to all of a sudden get better? i understand the negative implications of a monopoly, but im not gonna play chicken little with all the people claiming that everything will be pg 13, or in your instance two shyt shows are somehow gonna become worse than they already are

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
are they supposed to all of a sudden get better? i understand the negative implications of a monopoly, but im not gonna play chicken little with all the people claiming that everything will be pg 13, or in your instance two shyt shows are somehow gonna become worse than they already are

Juat because you want to see a couple of Marvel villains and heroes on the MCU don't mean that other things of variation and quality wont suffer.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
One thing people forget is that some MCU movies gonna get sidelined now and you'll have to wait longer for sequels. The most I see Disney putting out Marvel wise is 4 films a year and that's even pushing it. Cats forget that Disney isn't just Marvel, you still got Pixar, SW, Live-Action remakes etc. then all of Fox's franchises.

2019 so far looks like this

Dumbo
Untitled Movie
Aladdin
Toy Story 4
Lion King
Artemis Foul
Nicole
Frozen 2
Cap Marvel
SMHC 2
Avengers 4
SW

Now let's add 3 Fox Marvel movies and Avatar to the mix

Dumbo
X-Men
Untitled Space Movie
Aladdin
Toy Story 4
Lion King
Artemis Foul
Nicole
Fantastic 4
Frozen 2
Cap Marvel
SMHC 2
X-Force
Avengers 4
SW

So Disney has to schedule 16 potential blockbusters in the 12 months while also looking out for other studio blockbusters and not killing their own BO profits in the process. shyt is not happening.

Now the lower budget films are even more fukked.

"You want to put a movie out near Dumbo? Naw let's move it over here"

"But Frozen 2 is there"

"Hmm let's move it here"

"Nope, SW is a week after"

"Here?"

"Nope, Godzilla"

You get my point.

BuddahMAC

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't get why people arguing ratings are being oblivious to the obvious...

Disney will retain FOX to some degree as their studio/division/imprint to release Rated R material. As example, Deadpool's already filmed, they'll argue the artistic & commercial benefits to such a franchise to that previous film & sequel's success, and if/when the IPs cross-over for cameos/guest spots the Deadpool character could play pg-13 when guesting in Marvel properties & any characters guesting in Deadpool films would make the nod to the difference (like Deapool mocking Cap making a "language please" comment in an R-Rated film) & remain true to the established & successful Deadpool world.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
The same franchise that killed off fukking Cyclops in the 3rd movie and also had his brother stay 20 from like '68 to '82 while making Mystique a gawdamn hero :dahell:

That Mystique worship alone makes the merger completely necessary.

It is fukking brutal. And Cyclops taking a 20 year backseat is unacceptable.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
I don't get why people arguing ratings are being oblivious to the obvious...

Disney will retain FOX to some degree as their studio/division/imprint to release Rated R material. As example, Deadpool's already filmed, they'll argue the artistic & commercial benefits to such a franchise to that previous film & sequel's success, and if/when the IPs cross-over for cameos/guest spots the Deadpool character could play pg-13 when guesting in Marvel properties & any characters guesting in Deadpool films would make the nod to the difference (like Deapool mocking Cap making a "language please" comment in an R-Rated film) & remain true to the established & successful Deadpool world.

I keep saying R material won't be explicitly having the Disney imprint. Thank you.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
People don't see that. Not to mention quality goes down, kinda like many Star Wars fans pissed at these films getting releases so frequently.

Anti trust laws exist for a reason. Some people want to see a neutered Simpson's and Family Guy :scust:
Uh The Simpsons and Family Guy come on broadcast television why would they be neutered?! They aren't rater R. :mjlol:

I'll just say wanting and not wanting the merger by fans of the material has little to no effect on the business end of things. It's happening, and like many things in the business and political world their will be people who don't like the idea including myself. But really, wishing it won't happen isn't hurting shyt. So really like regular citizens always do we going to have to make the best of a bad situation.

Therefore, who is going to be the first FOX character realized in the MCU? I say Silver Surfer. :mjgrin:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
there are plenty of reasons to dislike this merger, but baseless speculation on "losing In Time and 500 Days of Summer type movies," and Deadpool potentially telling one less lame dikk joke that makes the neckbeard next to you in the theater choke on his Milkduds aren't the reasons

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
People don't see that. Not to mention quality goes down, kinda like many Star Wars fans pissed at these films getting releases so frequently.

Anti trust laws exist for a reason. Some people want to see a neutered Simpson's and Family Guy :scust:

Disney has increased the quality of Star Wars films so that's not a good example. The prequel trilogy was legit awful.

FLATOP

Superstar
Daps

I dont necessarily like the idea of a "Professor X" movie or Magneto's Auschwitz adventures standalones. I'd combine those into one Mutant Origins film.

And honestly I don't even agree with the idea of starting the XMen in the 1960s. Cast Cyclops or Jean Grey as teens and the films would be nothing but flashbacks to use those characters/actors or you'd have to recast when theyre incorporated in the main MCU timezone.

I say start the X-Men in the Jim Lee 1990s like when Captain Marvel takes place ( if the deal goes through they could do reshoots to tease them). An actor cast as Cyclops in 1991 could still play him in 2021 arguably. 1990s pandering is about to be in after this decades 1980s pandering dies off. The sliding timescale could messup Magneto's WW2 angle but it's a worthwhile risk. Mutants kind of age slower anyways.

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
One thing people forget is that some MCU movies gonna get sidelined now and you'll have to wait longer for sequels. The most I see Disney putting out Marvel wise is 4 films a year and that's even pushing it. Cats forget that Disney isn't just Marvel, you still got Pixar, SW, Live-Action remakes etc. then all of Fox's franchises.

2019 so far looks like this

Dumbo
Untitled Movie
Aladdin
Toy Story 4
Lion King
Artemis Foul
Nicole
Frozen 2
Cap Marvel
SMHC 2
Avengers 4
SW

Now let's add 3 Fox Marvel movies and Avatar to the mix

Dumbo
X-Men
Untitled Space Movie
Aladdin
Toy Story 4
Lion King
Artemis Foul
Nicole
Fantastic 4
Frozen 2
Cap Marvel
SMHC 2
X-Force
Avengers 4
SW

So Disney has to schedule 16 potential blockbusters in the 12 months while also looking out for other studio blockbusters and not killing their own BO profits in the process. shyt is not happening.

Now the lower budget films are even more fukked.

"You want to put a movie out near Dumbo? Naw let's move it over here"

"But Frozen 2 is there"

"Hmm let's move it here"

"Nope, SW is a week after"

"Here?"

"Nope, Godzilla"

You get my point.

this is where the Disney streaming services comes into play