**ITS OFFICIAL** Walt Disney buys 21st Century FOX

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
the same universe that fukked up a villain like apocalypse :dead:

This merger cant happen fast enough

besides LOKI .. don't talk about villains cause Marvels track record aint all that great... did we all forget the MAndarin and Zemo .. and Ultron and whoever else the same people are in here praising the deal was in the individual movie thread bashing..

the only bad ass villain they own is Vader everybody else pretty much been a one and done

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
the same universe that fukked up a villain like apocalypse :dead:

This merger cant happen fast enough
Just like in the Marvel comic universe mutants wouldn't make sense in the MCU. The core concept of the X-Men is they defend a world that fears and hates mutants. It doesn't make sense that mutants are hated but the Fantastic Four, Avengers, Defenders, etc. are loved and celebrated.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
besides LOKI .. don't talk about villains cause Marvels track record aint all that great... did we all forget the MAndarin and Zemo .. and Ultron and whoever else the same people are in here praising the deal was in the individual movie thread bashing..

the only bad ass villain they own is Vader everybody else pretty much been a one and done

I fukk with Zemo. And ego and vulture. That’s not a spotless track record but yeah your overall point is still real lol

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I fukk with Zemo. And ego and vulture. That’s not a spotless track record but yeah your overall point is still real lol

I actually liked Zemo too.. I just wish he did more... and it wasn't unitl I realize he was playing the last message they left for him that I started feeling sorry... he literally played that everyday for 2 years..

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
disney outchea :wow:

p3rhieK.jpg

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Now that I've had time to process, maybe it'll give the other studios a chance to be different from Disney and make the type of movies that Fox and Fox Searchlight would make.

That's the only positive outlook, I could see for arthouse or non-Franchise type films. Most likely this tweet is what'll happen though but oh well.

That guy on Twitter is retarded and, no offense, shoudn't be quoted as he's confusing people.

Disney copped Miramax back in the early 90's....they had final say on what movies Miramax would put out....then proceeded to drop "Clerks", "Pulp Fiction", "Desperados", "Jackie Brown", "Kill Bill", etc.

So the whole idea that Disney would be afraid to put out edgy, violent content under another studio/production company they own is puzzling. Especially when it comes to superheroes....they dropped "The Crow" 25 years ago.:mjlol:

I guess this is the part where someone says "but that was a long time ago, what about now?"....ok good point....except the part where "Punisher" came out less than a month ago.

So honestly I don't get the push back on this.

Fred.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
That guy on Twitter is retarded and, no offense, shoudn't be quoted as he's confusing people.

Disney copped Miramax back in the early 90's....they had final say on what movies Miramax would put out....then proceeded to drop "Clerks", "Pulp Fiction", "Desperados", "Jackie Brown", "Kill Bill", etc.

So the whole idea that Disney would be afraid to put out edgy, violent content under another studio/production company they own is puzzling. Especially when it comes to superheroes....they dropped "The Crow" 25 years ago.:mjlol:

I guess this is the part where someone says "but that was a long time ago, what about now?"....ok good point....except the part where "Punisher" came out less than a month ago.

Fred.

And lets not forget PUNISHER WARZONE!! One of my most favorite guilty pleasure films. And that film was MUCH more violent than the Netflix series and with more swearing. lol.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
And lets not forget PUNISHER WARZONE!! One of my most favorite guilty pleasure films. And that film was MUCH more violent than the Netflix series and with more swearing. lol.

Exactly. I hate to assume things but dude on Twitter just seems like a disgruntled DC stan. Son really said the "Alien" and "Predator" franchises, like both ain't been trash for 20 solid years.:dead:

Fred.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family

Fred.
The punisher is a TV show, not a film. And it's different company (Netflix) making it. Disney doesn't own Netflix. But they do own abc. And guess what? The ABC marvel shows are family friendly neutered safe shyt.

Furthermore the TV and film divisions of marvel are completely different.

So again, it holds the same amount of weight as making comparisons to what disney did 20 years ago in film.

Disney bought miramax and the now current ceo shut it down because they are only interested in making family friendly blockbuster franchises. He said so himself.

Don't know why this has to keep being repeated.

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ

Exactly. I hate to assume things but dude on Twitter just seems like a disgruntled DC stan. Son really said the "Alien" and "Predator" franchises, like both ain't been trash for 20 solid years.:dead:

Fred.

Nah Punisher Warzone was Lionsgate.

Yall comparing Miramax and low budget Netflix Originals to a studio like 20th Century FOX that has 18 percent of the market share at this very moment. It's not the same.