**ITS OFFICIAL** Walt Disney buys 21st Century FOX

D-NICE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Nashville Tenn
:patrice: I kind of feel like this deal been done on the low for awhile now. Having Captain Marvel being in the 90's and it was lining up the next X-Men that is in the same period had me thinking there might be a chance but it seemed like they were still beefing at the time. Don't know which comes out first but I wouldn't be shocked if she showed up in their movie or if Charles or Rogue come through on hers.

:jbhmm: Wouldn't even shock me if there was a reset after the 1st IW movie and mutants are now included in MCU to help fight Thanos.

Do I need to fill out an application to join Marvel Gang or do I need to get jumped in :lupe:

dont-be-a-menace-jump-in-o.gif

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Universal has bought enough land to open a 3rd park, they can expand Harry Potter, Nintendo, etc...there. I see them holding onto the Hulk, Spiderman, and that wack X-Men theme just to keep it away from Disney. If they let Disney have it Disney could open a 5th gate with a true Marvel comics theme and that would draw tons of people.
True shyt. Didn’t even think of that.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Also..... if DISNEY who is over Marvel is buying th8
Creative risk man. They put inhumans our in the dead of night basically and wrote it off. For a company that makes that much money it doesn’t hurt them to just let their tv division throw that’s out to the masses. But I’m not talking just comic book stuff.

Disney engineers their movies to be crowd pleasers. Feige has talked about their quality control they do. Animated division is the same way. They’re products from the ground up built to last. And there’s nothing wrong with that at all.

But they don’t make hard sci-fi. They don’t make movies that ask tough questions that may not have easy answers. They don’t normally give filmmakers that type of freedom. James Gunn found a nice medium between what he wanted and what the studio wanted. Not everyone finds that balance.

So as a creative person I look at risks differently and outside the bubble of comic book movies. I’m thinking more about what Ridley is doing or what Matt reeves did with apes. Or allowing Paul feig to make an r rated spy movie starring Melissa McCarthy and letting it be insanely violent and crass and not holding anything back. Or letting someone be crazy enough to make the revenant lol. That’s the shyt that I love in film.

So yeah if you want to categorize a risk as coloring a wee outside the lines okay sure. But that’s a half measure. I see risk as you doing the tightrope without a net and not everything being engineered or focus grouped to death. Disney ain’t giving a green light for A Cure for Wellness

I feel you and rightfully respect that.

I not too much I disagree with other than the fact that there are levels to it when it comes to risk and it’s just difficult to compare in the grand scheme of things.

Creatively though.

Take what you know out of the picture and don’t think about the brand.

If I told you (after Interstellar after Star Wars after Star Trek or any other space Sci Fi movie) I was gonna make a space movie about about a crew and one was a talking Ferret and the other is a talking stick of broccoli.

You know you probably would’ve laughed in my face telling me it’s stupid, I’m an idiot and no one would help me make that.

Then if I told you I got it financed and a studio is gonna produce it and help me make it and I’m an unknown. You probably would laugh in my face and tell me how much my vision is gonna flop and question the sanity of execs signing off on this and call this a risk

You as in generally and not specific to the man cool man:whoa:

blantant obviously pandering so I don’t get hurt too much with any clap back:damn::to:

Martha

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
:patrice: I kind of feel like this deal been done on the low for awhile now. Having Captain Marvel being in the 90's and it was lining up the next X-Men that is in the same period had me thinking there might be a chance but it seemed like they were still beefing at the time. Don't know which comes out first but I wouldn't be shocked if she showed up in their movie or if Charles or Rogue come through on hers.

:jbhmm: Wouldn't even shock me if there was a reset after the 1st IW movie and mutants are now included in MCU to help fight Thanos.

Do I need to fill out an application to join Marvel Gang or do I need to get jumped in :lupe:

dont-be-a-menace-jump-in-o.gif
#MarvelGang is welcoming. All you need to do is claim it and you're in. lol

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Also..... if DISNEY who is over Marvel is buying th8

I feel you and rightfully respect that.

I not too much I disagree with other than the fact that there are levels to it when it comes to risk and it’s just difficult to compare in the grand scheme of things.

Creatively though.

Take what you know out of the picture and don’t think about the brand.

If I told you (after Interstellar after Star Wars after Star Trek or any other space Sci Fi movie) I was gonna make a space movie about about a crew and one was a talking Ferret and the other is a talking stick of broccoli.

You know you probably would’ve laughed in my face telling me it’s stupid, I’m an idiot and no one would help me make that.

Then if I told you I got it financed and a studio is gonna produce it and help me make it and I’m an unknown. You probably would laugh in my face and tell me how much my vision is gonna flop and question the sanity of execs signing off on this and call this a risk

You as in generally and not specific to the man cool man:whoa:

blantant obviously pandering so I don’t get hurt too much with any clap back:damn::to:

Martha

Again I hear you. I’m not saying they don’t color outside the lines every now and then. But it’s not on the same level at all. Especially with that movie being constructed and engineered and tested and tested again and tested some more to be what it is. No shame in that shyt at all. I love guardians and love guardians 2 even more than the first. But Disney has a rigorous process to their creative output and that doesn’t always lineup with the creative side of it. As we’ve seen countless times in the past.

And even then it’s after the brand has been established and marvel had the cache and leeway to just do what the fukk they wanted. And rightly so. That’s not the same risks or even in the same ballpark as what reeves did with the apes series or a cure for wellness or any of the other stuff I mentioned. Talking apes as an allegory for oppression and war and genocide and racism? And your hero kills people and apes? That’s a fukking risk especially when it’s a dormant series with the stench of an already failed reboot.

And this isn’t under the risk category but it says nothing of just doing a hard r rated action flick in the vein of die hard. That shyt happening at the house of mouse and it hasn’t had to because for years I could go elsewhere if I wanted to do that or see that. Or making an R rated horror flick. Again leave comic book shyt out of it and look at their company since the late 80s till now. Their goal much like wwe, is to put smiles on faces. Not have people walking out the theater questioning philosophy and societies ills

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
I’m taking the wait and see approach first.

I know it’s a fear Disney will tone down the Fox stuff but they aren’t stupid.

I’m willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

But what is there to really tone down?:heh:

Other than like 2 movies and can’t include TNM yet since it ain’t dropped.

What over the top hardcore shyt has Fox done with what they had over the last 25 years prior to Deadpool?

Martha

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
that was a potential future. Infinity War or Doctor Strange could easily just rewrite that ish on some D.C Flashpoint tip
Fox nor Marvel going to release any Logan
(Hugh Jackman) films. Fox was trying pass the Baton to x-23 any way

They most likely have wolverine play the back because he was the focal point in the fox's xmen universe.

Hugh Jackman might do some sort of cameo but that's it

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
I get old “bu bu bu bu bu But there’s a lot of things DDDDDisney won’t dooooooooo” narrative and I probably would’ve agreeed with y’all a couple of years ago hell even 3 weeks ago...

But then Punisher dropped and based off all the old data everyone is using to come to these conclusions.... Punisher is about as “anti... bu bu bu bu bu bu But... Marvel” as you can get and like Kanan said about Ghost..... “they did that shyt”

And I don’t give a fukk it’s netflix vs cinema....... that’s even more telling cuz little jimmy can get access to that much easier than then going to see Deadpool or Logan

The game being changed

Martha