**ITS OFFICIAL** Walt Disney buys 21st Century FOX

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Disney is a pretty shytty company too; just because they are in a little battle with another shytty company doesn't make Disney worth rooting for.
People just have more immediate issues with Comcast from years of having to deal with them as a service provider but the complaints about Disney's practices are just as long as the complaints about Comcast.
One of the things people are not looking at with Disney getting Fox is Disney's own streaming service. Sooner rather than later all Disney owned content will be taken away from Netflix/HBO/SHOWTIME and moved to Disney's streaming service only in an attempt to force consumers to buy the service.
Then Disney will start to increase their licensing prices for the TV channels they own which will then force the cable companies to pass that price increase onto their customers.
No matter who gets Fox there will be bad consequences for the consumer. It just will come in different ways.

So basically,

For me to see their content on these other services now.....

I’m forced and need to individually subscribe/buy Netflix, HBO, and Showtime?:francis:

Would a Disney streaming service really be more than the combined price of all 3 of the others?:dwillhuh:

Martha

Trill McClay

*Formerly known as Deeeez Nuts
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
gbRMvMu.gif

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
It's gonna be funny when you'll have to pay more money to have a bunch of streaming services than you would have if you just had cable

I've been telling people this for a couple of years now.

Lowkey the gaming industry helped set the stage for all of this years ago. Charging people 9.99 for xbox Live memberships, 9.99 for playstation plus, charging season passes for any game worth a damn + micro-transactions...

Now we're seeing the carry-over to television. 2 weeks ago ESPN pretty much forced people to download/purchase their $5/month app in order to watch that Terrence Crawford boxing fight.. had ppl who already pay for cable furious bc they were like "why i gotta pay for this espn app when i already pay for all these espn channels?!" I was like damn homie, they doubling down on your wallet like that? :wow:

Outside of NBA, I don't watch tv and dropped cable 2+ years ago, and i don't do any of those game memberships. Yet it's been clear what's been happening across all entertainment.

10.99/month netflix
9.99/month for music service like spotify or tidal
9.99/month for game membership like xbox or ps4

12.99/month amazon
9.99/month youtube premium
7.99/month hulu

4.99/month espn app
x.99/month dc comics streaming app
x.99/month for disney/marvel app

14.99/month HBO Now streaming
11.99/month Showtime streaming

+ xx.99/month whatever you pay your internet provider