**ITS OFFICIAL** Walt Disney buys 21st Century FOX

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
folks thought you could just drop cable and still eat:troll:

Funny you say that.

I got Direct tv and at&t internet.

I'm out of contract and asked if I could switch to Direct TV now.

But my unlimited internet goes away.....I only get that due to the bundle....even though it's the same company.

What a hustle :wtb:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Lowkey the gaming industry helped set the stage for all of this years ago. Charging people 9.99 for xbox Live memberships, 9.99 for playstation plus, charging season passes for any game worth a damn + micro-transactions...

Now we're seeing the carry-over to television. 2 weeks ago ESPN pretty much forced people to download/purchase their $5/month app in order to watch that Terrence Crawford boxing fight.. had ppl who already pay for cable furious bc they were like "why i gotta pay for this espn app when i already pay for all these espn channels?!" I was like damn homie, they doubling down on your wallet like that? :wow:

Outside of NBA, I don't watch tv and dropped cable 2+ years ago, and i don't do any of those game memberships. Yet it's been clear what's been happening across all entertainment.

10.99/month netflix
9.99/month for music service like spotify or tidal
9.99/month for game membership like xbox or ps4

12.99/month amazon
9.99/month youtube premium
7.99/month hulu

4.99/month espn app
x.99/month dc comics streaming app
x.99/month for disney/marvel app

14.99/month HBO Now streaming
11.99/month Showtime streaming

+ xx.99/month whatever you pay your internet provider
+ xx.99/month whatever you pay your cable provider

+however many other companies/industries are trying to get in on this

That xx.99/month hustle :whew:
And just wait until they charge you more to access certain sites. They’ll be bundling access to sites like cable packages

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
Lowkey the gaming industry helped set the stage for all of this years ago. Charging people 9.99 for xbox Live memberships, 9.99 for playstation plus, charging season passes for any game worth a damn + micro-transactions...

Now we're seeing the carry-over to television. 2 weeks ago ESPN pretty much forced people to download/purchase their $5/month app in order to watch that Terrence Crawford boxing fight.. had ppl who already pay for cable furious bc they were like "why i gotta pay for this espn app when i already pay for all these espn channels?!" I was like damn homie, they doubling down on your wallet like that? :wow:

Outside of NBA, I don't watch tv and dropped cable 2+ years ago, and i don't do any of those game memberships. Yet it's been clear what's been happening across all entertainment.

10.99/month netflix

12.99/month amazon
7.99/month hulu

4.99/month espn app

I pay for vue plus HBO currently. everything else I try to get off kodi

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

10.99/month netflix

12.99/month amazon
7.99/month hulu

4.99/month espn app

So again..... I generally ask, if you’re a big Disney person and a lot of their shyt that you love, want to see or have access to is already split between everyone of those mentioned and unmentioned subs.

How is it worse for them to pull all their shyt, put it it under one centralized spot versus have you signed up to multiple ones to get their full catalog?

I do get anyone’s beef and concern but my point is barring you’re gonna stick with Time Warner, DirecTV, Dish, Google and etc.

Why not just get the minimum of what you’re gonna invest the most in and keep it moving?

Not to mention a lot more tech savvy folks, what are you complaining about. I know quite a few people on here and a lot of people IRL that don’t have HBO or etc premium channels but still watch Westworld and etc every week. Truth be told, this shyt ain’t gonna effect this group of folks the most one way or another

Martha

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
4-5 years ago i could swipe right all day on tinder and make decisions later :ahh:

Now I download the app and see you gotta do 9.99/month for that :mjcry:

The xx.99/month hustle spread like wildfire :picard:

They got the 9.99/month for workout apps now.:mjlol:Ten buck a month just so I can log my lifting numbers:hhh::mjcry:

9.99/month to post in the coli? :lupe:

Hold on breh do give out any ideas:whoa:

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Word is the DOJ will approve it in 2 weeks.

2020 cameos hopefully (or after credit) is a def possibility.

Don't be surprised to hear casting news next year.

Cannot fukking wait.

But y'all can close the door on Namor.... Comcast ain't giving up shyt

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina

Disney has agreed to sell off 21st Century Fox’s 22 regional sports networks to secure Justice Department approval of its acquisition of major 21st Century Fox assets.

The Justice Department on Wednesday filed a complaint in federal court seeking to block Disney from acquiring 22 regional sports networks but announced a settlement agreement with Disney that calls for the divestitures. Anti-trust chief Makan Delrahim and other DOJ officials argued that Disney’s ownership of the national sports powerhouse ESPN created anti-competitive conflicts if it were to also acquire Fox’s regional channels, which serve some 61 million subscribers around the country.

“American consumers have benefitted from head-to-head competition between Disney and Fox’s cable sports programming that ultimately has prevented cable television subscription prices from rising even higher,” said Delrahim, assistant attorney general and head of the Justice Department’s Antitrust Division. “Today’s settlement will ensure that sports programming competition is preserved in the local markets where Disney and Fox compete for cable and satellite distribution.”

In its complaint, the DOJ asserted: “Disney’s proposed acquisition of Fox’s assets would combine two of the country’s most valuable cable sports properties—Disney’s ESPN franchise of networks and Fox’s portfolio of Regional Sports Networks (“RSNs”)—and thereby likely substantially lessen competition in the multiple Designated Market Areas (“DMAs”) throughout the United States in which these two firms compete.”

If Fox’s RSNs are the Justice Department’s major concern about the Disney-Fox transaction, an divestiture agreement could clear the way for swift approval of the larger transaction. That approval would put Disney in a more advantageous position than Comcast, which is also vying for key Fox assets. Disney last week raised its offer for Fox to $71.3 billion in cash and stock, topping Comcast’s latest all-cash offer of $65 billion, fielded on June 13.

Reps for Disney, Fox and Comcast could not immediately be reached for comment.

More to come