**ITS OFFICIAL** Walt Disney buys 21st Century FOX

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I don’t know why but I still feel like Disney will win,they have to really want it though. An offer 19% above can’t be ignored by Murdoch,Disney is going to have to up their deal.

But it Comcast wins I’m grabbing some popcorn because the meltdowns will be legendary.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
the sad thing is its just streaming content.. we might still need another$ 50 to watch basic channels for "live" TV .. not to mention the 40 for internet service
Don’t forget to add on all the premiums you will have to pay to access certain content once they dismantle net neutrality

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Also,when Comcast bought universal they pretty much just let them keep being universal.

So if you are a fan of current Fox, Comcast is way less likely than Disney to turn it upside down.

Just think,fast and the furious and x men would be under the same roof which would lead to what already know. The cast are actually mutants. It’s the only explanation that makes sense.

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
That's what most people predicted anyway. The more streaming services, the more money and we'd all end up paying the same amount of money anyway. Not to mention stuff like FilmStruck or Shudder

Word I didn't even know about FilmStruck until I found this streaming search engine that let's you know what titles are on all the streaming services at once.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Netflix is creating its own content now and most of its pub comes from its own content. That's what big studios are afraid of; Apple, Amazon, Netflix, and Hulu creating their own content. Netflix is more known for stranger things and 13 reasons why than reruns of friends at this point. And they've already shown a willingness to put big money behind big names to make big movies. Amazon is doing the same thing. Netflix won't die if the studios pull their content, which is why they're afraid.

Netflix is still in debt though last I heard.. I still think the end game is one of these tech companies like Amazon swooping in and buying up Netflix.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
The rumor is that Comcast is willing to go as high as 90B in cash :heh:

Also the dude running Comcast hates Bob Iger & Disney so it wouldn't be surprising

Comcast has been robbing people since the beginning of time. They have more money to blow than anyone imagines. I wonder how this will go, they just gonna keep upping the price or how much does Disney want it?

I know people want to relate this back to the MCU so I think what is likely to happen is the MCU after Avengers 4 would then shift their focus (Spider-Man, Black Panther, GOTG aside) to X-Men movies.

I don't believe they want to continue trying to make Cap, Iron Man and Thor movies forever. If they don't get X-Men then I'm not sure what they'll focus on.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Comcast has been robbing people since the beginning of time. They have more money to blow than anyone imagines. I wonder how this will go, they just gonna keep upping the price or how much does Disney want it?

I know people want to relate this back to the MCU so I think what is likely to happen is the MCU after Avengers 4 would then shift their focus (Spider-Man, Black Panther, GOTG aside) to X-Men movies.

I don't believe they want to continue trying to make Cap, Iron Man and Thor movies forever. If they don't get X-Men then I'm not sure what they'll focus on.
Inhumans:troll:

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
They don't offer to pay up debt so It's not a better offer than Disney's.
This isn’t true. The debt would be assumed by Comcast, it’s part of the presentation so in reality the proposal is worth like $79 Billion.

qTay6U0l.jpg

0Mu2Uswl.jpg

vrdIDsOl.jpg

Comcast matched all of the Disney stipulations and raised the money by 19%. They wouldn’t offer something worse than Disney otherwise it wouldn’t even be considered.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Man it net neutrality doesn't get repealed and Comcast gets Fox's properties you know they'll start throttling and handicapping Netflix and other streaming sites in order to start their own streaming service and we as consumers/fans are gonna be so fukked...I don't know how anyone that doesn't have stock in their co. can be pulling for a company like Comcast that owns the title for the worst customer service of any business and known for just being shytty in general to own these beloved properties.
Disney is a pretty shytty company too; just because they are in a little battle with another shytty company doesn't make Disney worth rooting for.
People just have more immediate issues with Comcast from years of having to deal with them as a service provider but the complaints about Disney's practices are just as long as the complaints about Comcast.
One of the things people are not looking at with Disney getting Fox is Disney's own streaming service. Sooner rather than later all Disney owned content will be taken away from Netflix/HBO/SHOWTIME and moved to Disney's streaming service only in an attempt to force consumers to buy the service.
Then Disney will start to increase their licensing prices for the TV channels they own which will then force the cable companies to pass that price increase onto their customers.
No matter who gets Fox there will be bad consequences for the consumer. It just will come in different ways.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Disney is a pretty shytty company too; just because they are in a little battle with another shytty company doesn't make Disney worth rooting for.
People just have more immediate issues with Comcast from years of having to deal with them as a service provider but the complaints about Disney's practices are just as long as the complaints about Comcast.
One of the things people are not looking at with Disney getting Fox is Disney's own streaming service. Sooner rather than later all Disney owned content will be taken away from Netflix/HBO/SHOWTIME and moved to Disney's streaming service only in an attempt to force consumers to buy the service.
Then Disney will start to increase their licensing prices for the TV channels they own which will then force the cable companies to pass that price increase onto their customers.
No matter who gets Fox there will be bad consequences for the consumer. It just will come in different ways.

But X-Men would be in the MCU :troll: