**ITS OFFICIAL** Walt Disney buys 21st Century FOX

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
yea.. I understand its all about NETFLIX... but the thing is Netflix licenses a lot of their content... so if these studios pull it.. Netflix can die... if Disney pulls all Disney/MARVEL/Star wars content.. and lets say ATT pull all HBO and whatever else content.. and Comcast/fox pulls all theirs..... then Netflix will suffer and can slowly try to be killed..

DC is trying to get their back content back... if they pull Batman TAS and Superman from Prime and put it on their service with Batman beyond and static and green lantern ..

We can live with 5 streaming services at 6.99./month ... can we? if we have just the services and no cable...

If you notice, Netflix lately has been upping their amount of foreign films, older films, and original programming lately. I think they can actually sustain on that because most films are only exclusive for 2 or 3 years, after that it's fair game. People who are only subscribing to watch licensed shows might have to take the L or unsubscribe but Netflix can use that left over money for more original programming.

HBO, Showtime and Starz though should really worry about this because they used to get all the TV debuts of movies but now some are going straight to Netflix, Hulu and Epix.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
yea.. I understand its all about NETFLIX... but the thing is Netflix licenses a lot of their content... so if these studios pull it.. Netflix can die... if Disney pulls all Disney/MARVEL/Star wars content.. and lets say ATT pull all HBO and whatever else content.. and Comcast/fox pulls all theirs..... then Netflix will suffer and can slowly try to be killed..

DC is trying to get their back content back... if they pull Batman TAS and Superman from Prime and put it on their service with Batman beyond and static and green lantern ..

We can live with 5 streaming services at 6.99./month ... can we? if we have just the services and no cable...

Netflix is creating its own content now and most of its pub comes from its own content. That's what big studios are afraid of; Apple, Amazon, Netflix, and Hulu creating their own content. Netflix is more known for stranger things and 13 reasons why than reruns of friends at this point. And they've already shown a willingness to put big money behind big names to make big movies. Amazon is doing the same thing. Netflix won't die if the studios pull their content, which is why they're afraid.

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
Netflix is creating its own content now and most of its pub comes from its own content. That's what big studios are afraid of; Apple, Amazon, Netflix, and Hulu creating their own content. Netflix is more known for stranger things and 13 reasons why than reruns of friends at this point. And they've already shown a willingness to put big money behind big names to make big movies. Amazon is doing the same thing. Netflix won't die if the studios pull their content, which is why they're afraid.

I honestly think we're headed back to people spending 100 bucks a month on content, which was the reason for people cutting cable in the first place.

Edit: Either that or licensed TV is about to go away and the writers are gonna have to strike again due to wage issues.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I honestly think we're headed back to people spending 100 bucks a month on content, which was the reason for people cutting cable in the first place.

That's what most people predicted anyway. The more streaming services, the more money and we'd all end up paying the same amount of money anyway. Not to mention stuff like FilmStruck or Shudder

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY

Edit: Either that or licensed TV is about to go away and the writers are gonna have to strike again due to wage issues.

the sad thing is its just streaming content.. we might still need another$ 50 to watch basic channels for "live" TV .. not to mention the 40 for internet service

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC

They're right to be concerned. AT&T has a failed network and service (U-Verse) which is why they acquired DTV. The transition during that period was very difficult because AT&T wasn't acquainted with how programming and broadcasting worked on our end. It is going to be a very hectic next 12+ months for everyone under the Time Warner umbrella.

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
The haters praying on marvel downfall will now get an even worse regime, Comcast running entities it has no idea what to do with. Already one of the worse organizations known to man, one can only imagine what they’ll do next.
:wow:Say that one more time for the dummies in the back

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Sorry mayne:francis:
Had my ass checkin for em too smh
YknC2gH.png