**ITS OFFICIAL** Walt Disney buys 21st Century FOX

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Kinda liked the X-Men and Deadpool with Fox. :yeshrug:

Sure they had a few duds, but so did the MCU.
Loved the Raimi Spiderman 1&2. More than Homecoming. :manny:

Kinda like the way things are now, but can see why diehards want everything in one home. But with Disney having all that power? :patrice:

MCU is good for the leftover characters they made megastars. :smugdraper:

I think the MCU definitely could do something with the Fantastic Four, and especially DOOM though. :lupe:

The way that Disney is killing Star Wars :francis:

And I'm still not sold on them letting R rated comic movies exist either.

I do think Disney would do the F4 and Doom justice.

ATT/WB
Comcast Universal
Disney

Viacom

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
The way that Disney is killing Star Wars :francis:

And I'm still not sold on them letting R rated comic movies exist either.

I do think Disney would do the F4 and Doom justice.

ATT/WB
Comcast Universal
Disney

Viacom

Yea..... but the way Disney treats or allows LucasFilms to do things isnt the same way Disney works with Marvel. Lets not get that confused

Its night and day and Marvel got so much GOOD WILL in Disney, they can do whatever they want. Marvel films have grossed close to $17B and no telling how much money they've made Mouse when you add everything else up regarding Marvel.

I think if Fiegie for movies and Jeff for tv says "we gonna do this"
Disney is like:hubie:"Do what you gotta do and just let us know when its done"

They letting a comic book company make comic book programming.

I would be less sold on Disney/Marvel if they started to make non comic book properties...... like say if they made a Friday or Notebook, or etc basic typical movie that has nothing to do with comics. To me that would be like if KFC just started making Pizza and Tacos.:scust:

Martha

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Yea..... but the way Disney treats or allows LucasFilms to do things isnt the same way Disney works with Marvel. Lets not get that confused

Its night and day and Marvel got so much GOOD WILL in Disney, they can do whatever they want. Marvel films have grossed close to $17B and no telling how much money they've made Mouse when you add everything else up regarding Marvel.

I think if Fiegie for movies and Jeff for tv says "we gonna do this"
Disney is like:hubie:"Do what you gotta do and just let us know when its done"

They letting a comic book company make comic book programming.

I would be less sold on Disney/Marvel if they started to make non comic book properties...... like say if they made a Friday or Notebook, or etc basic typical movie that has nothing to do with comics. To me that would be like if KFC just started making Pizza and Tacos.:scust:

Martha

well, the dream is over because Comcast Universal about to own dem properties.......

NO DOOM FOR THE MCU :mjcry:

giphy.gif

DredScott

Take these jewelz...
Daps
Man it net neutrality doesn't get repealed and Comcast gets Fox's properties you know they'll start throttling and handicapping Netflix and other streaming sites in order to start their own streaming service and we as consumers/fans are gonna be so fukked...I don't know how anyone that doesn't have stock in their co. can be pulling for a company like Comcast that owns the title for the worst customer service of any business and known for just being shytty in general to own these beloved properties.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Man it net neutrality doesn't get repealed and Comcast gets Fox's properties you know they'll start throttling and handicapping Netflix and other streaming sites in order to start their own streaming service and we as consumers/fans are gonna be so fukked...I don't know how anyone that doesn't have stock in their co. can be pulling for a company like Comcast that owns the title for the worst customer service of any business and known for just being shytty in general to own these beloved properties.
Theirs just as many downsides to Disney buying them. Disney was already making theatres sign exclusive contracts with them forcing them not to be able to play movies from other studios in specialty theatres,twisting their arms to give them more money and throwing their weight around. Imagine how they will act with an even bigger part of the film industry. They'll strong arm theatres into giving them bigger and bigger cuts which will lead to ticket prices being raised.Not to mention they tried to black ball the la Times after they gave Disney negative coverage.

No matter who wins the average person loses.

Right now if you look at domestic box office for this year if you add Fox to Disney they own 50% of the box office. That would be TERRIBLE for the film industry to give one company that much leverage.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
It's bad if Comcast gets FOX. It's bad if Disney gets FOX. I didn't want to see either happen. I think Comcast will drive up the price but Disney will counter. Comcast can probably go higher than Disney if they want to.. it depends on how much they really want Sky and Hulu and all this shyt. The X-Men and FF properties mean nothing to Comcast.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
So at&t is an isp provider and now own WB.

And net neutrality is ending.

:wow: How is this legal.

Comcast is going to push extra hard for fox. Another ISP and they will potentially have universal and fox content.

This is going to have huge ripples across all media.

AT&T also now owns HBO and CNN. The HBO streaming service is probably going to try to compete with Netflix. Ultimately I think someone is going to buy out Netflix. Possibly Amazon.