ITS HERE! Cosmos with Astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson: A Space Time Odyssey Series

bigesco

Pro
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
So did I miss something or have they found fossils of half fish / half reptile , half reptile / half mammal ? Have they proved change of kind? has evolution ever been observed?

The propaganda they're pushing in this show is quite funny. I still enjoy it though. I really cant see how science and god dont go hand in hand, its a perfect match.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
So did I miss something or have they found fossils of half fish / half reptile , half reptile / half mammal ? Have they proved change of kind? has evolution ever been observed?

The propaganda they're pushing in this show is quite funny. I still enjoy it though. I really cant see how science and god dont go hand in hand, its a perfect match.

hey stupid. if you don't understand the basics, i'd suggest you stop criticizing the science. fukkin moron.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
am i the only one who hates the cartoon cac history lessons? the show is cool when its just talking science but I'm not feelin the personalization of the discoveries. I could care less about these cacs that stole discoveries made earlier by the egyptians, moors, and other black people. i wish tyson woulda not co-signed this fake shyt.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
explain it to me then genius

Im gonna assume ur defensive hostility is due to the fact that you dont have an answer:skip:

evolution happens over millions of years in POPULATIONS. you don't see it in individuals. all we see in individuals is genetic diversity (as a result of mutations). species evolve over millions of years as a result of incremental genetic changes that are naturally selected for by the environment. if you watched the show, you woulda seen the example they gave about polar bears. today we see polar bears as having white coats of fur however in the past the species polar bears came from had brown coats of fur. what happened was in the brown coated polar bear population, you had a genetic mutation in some polar bears where instead of brown coats they had white coats. and since they lived in the snowy arctic, polar bears with white coats were able to better blend into the environment when hunting prey and thus better able to pass their genes on. after a long period of time, only the white coat polar bears are left because they all descended from a few ancestors who got that specific genetic mutation by chance.

now remember this is just one trait. there are hundreds of other mutations in individuals that go beyond just the color of the fur. and depending on the environmental pressure, that trait could get selected for and passed on the following generations because its beneficial.

this is natural selection in a nutshell. the mechanism that drives evolution. the reason you won't find half reptile-half mammals in the fossil record is because thats not how it works.

bigesco

Pro
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
evolution happens over millions of years in POPULATIONS. you don't see it in individuals. all we see in individuals is genetic diversity (as a result of mutations). species evolve over millions of years as a result of incremental genetic changes that are naturally selected for by the environment. if you watched the show, you woulda seen the example they gave about polar bears. today we see polar bears as having white coats of fur however in the past the species polar bears came from had brown coats of fur. what happened was in the brown coated polar bear population, you had a genetic mutation in some polar bears where instead of brown coats they had white coats. and since they lived in the snowy arctic, polar bears with white coats were able to better blend into the environment when hunting prey and thus better able to pass their genes on. after a long period of time, only the white coat polar bears are left because they all descended from a few ancestors who got that specific genetic mutation by chance.

now remember this is just one trait. there are hundreds of other mutations in individuals that go beyond just the color of the fur. and depending on the environmental pressure, that trait could get selected for and passed on the following generations because its beneficial.

this is natural selection in a nutshell. the mechanism that drives evolution. the reason you won't find half reptile-half mammals in the fossil record is because thats not how it works.

They are still BEARS !

Show me proof of change of KIND

Adaptation does not explain that

Daps
Reppin
NULL
They are still BEARS !

Show me proof of change of KIND

Adaptation does not explain that

the only difference is TIME. small changes like coat color and size happen over thousands of years while changes of "kind" (as you put it or change from one species to another as its scientifically called) take millions of years.

look at another example from the show. every dog on earth evolved from the grey wolf.
Gray-wolves-in-Rhodes-France-analysis-examined-a-mix-of-DNA-from-12-gray-wolves-60-domestic-dogs-venice-real-estate-agency.jpg
vip-dogs.png

this was guided evolution not natural selection, but it shows how drastic a species can change over time. NOTE; the dog was domesticated just 20-30,000 years ago. if a grey wolf can become a poodle in 20,000 years, IMAGINE what can happen over the 3.8 billion years life has been present on this planet.

bigesco

Pro
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
I saw the show so you can quit quoting it. This still doesnt explain how a fish can somehow leave the water and turn into a reptile. There is still zero proof of that although there should be plenty of fossils to prove this if it was true. The Cambrian Explosion debunks evolution and that has been proved. Adaptation and domestication is not proof of change of kind.

Dr. Sebi Jr.

Trust Me
Daps
Reppin
Not Technically a "Doctor"
am i the only one who hates the cartoon cac history lessons? the show is cool when its just talking science but I'm not feelin the personalization of the discoveries. I could care less about these cacs that stole discoveries made earlier by the egyptians, moors, and other black people. i wish tyson woulda not co-signed this fake shyt.
Emphatically. The Nubians went to the moon.

bigesco

Pro
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
Im with evolution, as in animals changing throughout the years to adapt to their surroundings. However, I have a huge issue with fish turning into reptiles reptiles into mammals etc. There is simply no proof of that shyt and the cambrian explosion clearly shows different kinds being created simultaneously.

bigesco

Pro
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
EVERY LIVING THING ON EARTH THAT WE'VE YET FOUND HAS SHARED D.N.A., BROTHER!

So?

Do you know how much information is stored and how massive a DNA strand is?

a 5% difference in DNA is huge[DOUBLEPOST=1397369568][/DOUBLEPOST]
Put em in the ropes and let me leg drop him, brother!

And let's not forget synapsids, which were mammal like reptiles that led to mammals, dude!

Again another hypothesis with no proof.

Darwinian Evolution is blind faith like most religions.

Last edited: