It's happening: GameStop is going to close about 150 of its stores this year due to slumping sales

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
I went there last month
walked in paid for horizon zero dawn and walked out
I don't know what the hell yall talking about

Best Buy and amazon offer better deals and more value with game trade in. GameStop intentionally hide new games so customers are forced to buy the used games so they can get a higher return for that sell. Do you not follow the news or industry??

Maximus Rex

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Evils of Men
Best Buy and amazon offer better deals and more value with game trade in. GameStop intentionally hide new games so customers are forced to buy the used games so they can get a higher return for that sell. Do you not follow the news or industry??

best buy and amazon offer better deals okay?
and if you walk in there and they aren't selling a new game and only used ones walk out you talking about forced to buy like they are putting a damn gun to your head
the vitrol I see people online talking about gamestop you would think they helped the nazis back in the day or some bullshyt

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
and if you walk in there and they aren't selling a new game and only used ones walk out you talking about forced to buy like they are putting a damn gun to your head
the vitrol I see people online talking about gamestop you would think they helped the nazis back in the day or some bullshyt

Not literally forced but figuratively. It's inconvenient. If you're fine with companies screwing consumers over then continue to shop there.

And ppl are outraged because this is the arcadium where video games is one of the main driving topics :dahell: ppl are passionate about this. Idk why I'm even explaining this sh1t to you. You just come off as lazy and dumb.

Maximus Rex

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Evils of Men
Not literally forced but figuratively. It's inconvenient. If you're fine with companies screwing consumers over then continue to shop there.

And ppl are outraged because this is the arcadium where video games is one of the main driving topics :dahell: ppl are passionate about this. Idk why I'm even explaining this sh1t to you. You just come off as lazy and dumb.

you weirdos are too passionate about the shyt

like I said if GS wasn't doing shyt I'd like I'd just shop somewhere else and keep it moving but yall have some blood vendetta against the company because what, they tried to sell you a used game as new 5 years ago? they won't give you full price for a game you bought 2 weeks ago?

now yall are in here masturbating over 150 stores closing because yall finally won some long battle against the game retailer who has been "forcing" you to shop with them since foreverwhen

get the fukk outta here :mjlol:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Only at Gamestop is some game they let their employees take home and play a new game because it was never sold meanwhile if you buy a sealed game and open it in the store then try to return it they call it used and won't accept a return on it.

Maximus Rex

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Evils of Men
Only at Gamestop is some game they let their employees take home and play a new game because it was never sold meanwhile if you buy a sealed game and open it in the store then try to return it they call it used and won't accept a return on it.

so what are you forced to buy these employee opened games they played because they wouldn't sell?

open a sealed game in any retailer trying to get full price back on some "gotcha" type shyt and they are gonna tell you to go fukk yourself :heh:

you dudes are over the top with this shyt trying to justify your hatred of this company and it is hilarious

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
so what are you forced to buy these employee opened games they played because they wouldn't sell?

open a sealed game in any retailer trying to get full price back on some "gotcha" type shyt and they are gonna tell you to go fukk yourself :heh:

you dudes are over the top with this shyt trying to justify your hatred of this company and it is hilarious
But at the same time those other retailers aren't gonna try and sell you a game in their store that's been opened and has been used as new.

Again I don't hate Gamestop. They served me well in their day but they outlived their usefulness to me and many others. At one point back before online shopping was as common and before Best buy invented GCU and dropped it from the $120 to $60 then eventually to $30 Gamestop was one of the only places I could get my niche titles that mainstream stores wouldn't sell. A decent chunk of my JRPG collection came from that store. Now though I can get those niche titles from Best Buy or Amazon for 20% less so Gamestop dying slow well

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
They do that all the time man.
I recently thought I had to resort to them 2 weekends ago.
A friend of mine threw a birthday party for his son. The kid wanted WWE2K17 for 360. Bestbuy didnt carry it so I went to 2 different gamestops that showed they had the game in stock through the website.

Each store I went to they had the game open but were trying to sell the game as new.
The first gamestop I went to I asked the employee "If I bring a brand new game in here right now, still in the wrapper, and I open it up right in front of you and say I want to return it for my money back would you let me?" :leostare:
:dwillhuh:"Well, we could let you exchange it for another copy of the same game if there was something wrong with it, or give you a store credit".
:leostare:"Right. So you wouldn't give me my money back because as soon as I opened it you would consider the game used" and I bounced.

Went to the second one and they hit me with the same story except this employee was a bit more aggressive and smug.
:smugdraper:"Well if you're worried about it being wrapped in plastic I can put it in a plastic sleeve for you and you wont be able to tell the difference."
:leostare:"Really. Let me stop you right there. This is exactly why Gamestop is going out of business. Why would I pay you full price for a game you already opened when i can go to the walmart in this same exact shopping center and get the game unopened for the same price?"

:mjlol:

:francis:

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music

No one is forced to do anything, hence the reason gamestop is closing. fukk outta here with you tryna defend gamestop's honor.