• Yes

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • No

Votes: 11 55.0%

• Total voters

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps
Millennials had Y2K, 9/11, housing market crash, "2012 Apocalypse", and Occupy Wallstreet, BLM protests and Obama.
They were the first generation to grow up with social media. They remember when YouTube launched.
They were also exposed to the bad financial decisions of Gen X and Boomers because of the housing market crashing.
The war in Iraq, Kony, MySpace... Millennials are Truman in the Truman Show or somebody from The Matrix.
They a bipolar generation that missed out on America's heyday. Searchin' for what's real, they all got existential angst.

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
Boomers getting out of the way will equal the largest wealth transfer in American history

You think those heirs are gonna make the world better?:pachaha:

Boomers getting out of the way will equal the largest wealth transfer in American history

You think those heirs are gonna make the world better?:pachaha:

Probably but was talking moreso aboutlevers of power not allocation of resources

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
That's how generations work one gets older and then another one comes of age lol. However we barley have any Gen Z or Millennials in politics yet so it's too early to talk about that changing the world shyt.

Macclikegoldie

Dap Clan Commissioner
Daps
Reppin
Houston
you would have to wait another 10-20 years to answer this question.

i think boomers and gen x did more in their 20's but they were pretty much settled down/washed by 35 with the exception of the most talented artists, entrepreneurs and politicians.

Millennials will have more impact in our 30's and 40's because we look younger if we took care of ourselves, many of us aren't married and/or don't have kids, and maybe some floundered a bit out of the gate in their early 20s and finally hitting their stride now. The economy made it easier for boomers and gen x to come out of the gate making moves early.

Spence

Superstar
Daps
Gen Z = is like their Gen X parents.....big impact on culture but no actual power to run shyt.

Millenials = like their Boomer parents....some impact on culture but A LOT of impact on politics, corporations etc.

Boomers have stuck around MUCH longer than previous generations....but we've actually gone backwards. There were 4 Boomer presidents: Clinton, Bush, Obama and Trump. Biden is actually from the Silent Generation.

Most likely either Biden or Trump wins the election again.

Gen X could fukk around and NEVER have a President if Millenials skip the line. Gen Z is gonna get X'ed.
Trump and Biden are like 2 years apart :heh:

Sinnerman

Veteran
Daps
Boomers have the wealth, Gen Z has the social clout right now

I could see Millennials assuming the role of Boomers as they continue to age

ADK

Cleaner, I got this.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
They have more ways of making money I’ll tell you that. Or more open and savvy to it.

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
Growing up(born 94) all remember hearing was older ppl speak on millennials. Good and bad(mainly bad). Millennials were literally supposed to change the world(good or bad) but instead it seems like we pretty much just came and went. Fast forward to present day, Gen x and even boomers seem to have more social clout than Millennials. Gen Z seems to be everything people assumed Gen Y would be and are clearly the most polarizing generation yet.
You'll notice patterns the older you get. One being the trend of older generations talking shyt about the younger ones. A long time again Gen X was viewed as lazy and irresponsible. Movies like Animal House and Breakfast Club depicted that generation. At the end of the day, it's a platform to allow people to write books and get paid off speaking engagements which now is podcasts. Don't buy into the nonsense.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
They have more ways of making money I’ll tell you that. Or more open and savvy to it.

Breh are you looking at a handful of people who got rich off Tik Tok and calling that a norm? That happens in every gen. There's a lot of the past gen who got rich off crypto and YouTube. Only a select few people are able to capitalize on a fad.

Correct me if I'm wrong but any Gen Z that I know basically does little side jobs to make money. But it's only enough to pay bills. I'll grant you that they are working 'smarter' as in they aren't breaking their back to pay their bills but most are still barely scraping by.