It's crazy how folks try to make being from the suburbs sound like a bad thing.

Colin X

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Auburn
It's funny to me. A lot of people on this site claim to be pro-black and want to empower black people economically and help living situations....yet shyt on the black people in those places. :patrice:

I'm not shytting on them

I'm shytting on the folks who act like the suburbs is a bad place

Knuckles Red

<3<3<3
Daps
I just think it's an issue of being able to relate. If you grew up in a nice neighborhood and had a good upbringing, chances are you haven't experienced a lot of adversity both personal and systemic. Adversity can play a large part in defining ones self. To grow up in a bad situation exposes a lot of adversity, doesn't make you ignorant of others' struggles because you know firsthand what they are and how it can change people.
Your comment is so ironic because it's so ethnocentric, itself. You could say the exact same thing about people from the hood--that they're ignorant of everything outside of their own social mileu. Your comment also implies that people who live in the suburbs face no adversity when nothing could be further from the truth. Some people out here are living paycheck to paycheck.

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
The suburbs are horrible though. I grew up with my parents in Laurelton Queens and now I live with my roommate in Fresh Meadows Queens; And honestly I feel like I'm losing my mind out here. The suburbs are not as good as OP is letting on.

My best friends are from either Jamaica avenue or they're from Pomonok projects.

Last edited:

Truefan31

Superstar
Daps
Your comment is so ironic because it's so ethnocentric, itself. You could say the exact same thing about people from the hood--that they're ignorant of everything outside of their own social mileu. Your comment also implies that people who live in the suburbs face no adversity when nothing could be further from the truth. Some people out here are living paycheck to paycheck.

You could say that. I'm not saying it's right or wrong but that's how society in general perceives each situation imo.

Sure people living in suburbs can experience adversity. Paycheck to paycheck living in a nice neighborhood is self inflicted though. To me it's not on the level of real poverty.

There's a reason why most people don't want to live in the hood, why they'd rather move or live in a nice neighborhood especially if you got a family.

Last edited:

Urbanmiracle

Brooklyn the planet...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn son
I just think it's an issue of being able to relate. If you grew up in a nice neighborhood and had a good upbringing, chances are you haven't experienced a lot of adversity both personal and systemic. Adversity can play a large part in defining ones self. To grow up in a bad situation exposes a lot of adversity, doesn't make you ignorant of others' struggles because you know firsthand what they are and how it can change people.

Just because they grew up in the "burbs" doesn't mean they don't have their own set of problems and their own adversity to overcome. Only difference between the hood and the burbs is economics.

Another Man

Trappin w/ Benzino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Red Roof Inn
Look another insecure burb nikka thread :coffee:

Full of misrepresentations and lies about the hood :coffee:
If anything, Ive seen more insecure threads/posts in here bashing the burbs if anything. :coffee: nikkas even going so far as saying the burbs are a cac place :coffee: Thats basically equating poverty to blackness, and also seems like theres a pinch if jealousy there too like people from the burbs should feel bad they were raised in better environments:coffee::sas2:

Another Man

Trappin w/ Benzino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Red Roof Inn
Theres poverty in the burbs too, but let these dumb ass nikkas tell it and every suburb is on some bel air shyt :francis:

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
If anything, Ive seen more insecure threads/posts in here bashing the burbs if anything. :coffee: nikkas even going so far as saying the burbs are a cac place :coffee: Thats basically equating poverty to blackness, and also seems like theres a pinch if jealousy there too like people from the burbs should feel bad they were raised in better environments:coffee::sas2:
This is the thing that I can't stand with you nigggas. That superiority complex . That smug shyt y'all be on.

Another Man

Trappin w/ Benzino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Red Roof Inn
This is the thing that I can't stand with you nigggas. That superiority complex . That smug shyt y'all be on.
The fukk? Naw, THIS shyt you just posted is what pisses me off. nikkas can shyt on the burbs all day and its no issue, but let us say anything back and suddenly were horrible people and it justifies you shytting in us somehow, nikka fukk YOU and your victimhood/inferiority complex. Thats what the shyt all comes down to. "Oh ive have it harder than you growing up, so im better by default!" nikka who gives a fukk?:heh: bytch my parents were working class, we faced struggle also, so suck a dikk nikka