It's crazy how folks try to make being from the suburbs sound like a bad thing.

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
that's not what actually happens though

what happens is, these suburbs kids try to ACT like they from the hood

i was born in philly, then moved to the DMV... let me tell you what these 500k house living nikkas would try and pull

call their neighborhood "the hood" :mjlol:

go out and sell drugs when their parents gave them everything :mjlol:

fukk off and fukk up those good schools by trying to be bad asses everyday :mjlol:

dress like they straight out the trap, complete with a diddy bop and the latest in jail fashion :mjlol:

talk like they been through the struggle :mjlol:

talk like they have zero education unless it was to the teacher, police or their parents :mjlol:

spend time, gas and money to drive to DC so they could get into some fukkery so they can come back and say "maaaan i be in dc all day yo" :mjlol:

get into fist fights and act like they hard :mjlol:

ride around with guns to bust in the air so they can be the toughest nikka in the burbs :mjlol:

get in beef with real killas and call the police :francis:
SOUNDS LIKE MONTGOMERY COUNTY, MD.
SOUNDS LIKE WOODBRIDGE, VA.
SOUNDS LIKE BOWIE, MD.
SOUNDS LIKE FT. WASHINGTON, MD.

FSP

Banned
Daps
No, because my peoples aren't poor and I navigate freely through anywhere.
Resentment and jealousy are for women.
A disdain and distaste due to personal experience isn't that. You can think it is.
Suburb nikkas overcompensate. Hood nikkas are on their minds way more than the other way around.
Why? Hood is where the aesthetic comes from, not disconnected lames.
You're lame. I'm not.
Looks like you're the one doing all the compensating. But alright bre bre. You can have your shytty world view :laugh:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Growing up around other middle/upper middle class kids is apparently a bad thing :skip:

Living in an absolutely safe neighborhood is apparently a bad thing :skip:

Not growing up fighting in the streets over petty bullshyt is a bad thing:skip:

Living in a house with a stable, good income is a bad thing :skip:

Going to one of the best schools in the state is a bad thing :skip:

I'm not tryna shyt on lower class folks, but let's be real yo :pachaha:

What part of this is bad?

The suburbs are trash. Cookie cutter neighborhoods, same lame chain business's and shopping malls. Horrible commutes.

I find suburbanites to be under exposed uncultured lames. I would never want that life.

Just because you live in the city doesn't make you "lower class".

FSP

Banned
Daps
And then ya'll wanna wonder why we look down on you low class trash :coffee:

Obama ain't even wanna help you nikkas:laff: Unless ya'll was runnin him that check :umad:

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
OP isnt lying. "Suburban n1kka" is used as an insult and we're all aware by now that if u dont exhibit certain stereotypes as a black person, you're viewed as less than black or soft or even gay. This is a subject that HAS to be addressed an acknowledged at some point. There is a clear divide between the "real n1kka" and the "suburban n1kka".

99% of the time calling someone that has everything to do with them being corny or white washed. It has nothing to do with actually being from a decent neighbor or being soft.

FSP

Banned
Daps
99% of the time calling someone that has everything to do with them being corny or white washed. It has nothing to do with actually being from a decent neighbor or being soft.
In middle and high school. kids were not making that distinction lol

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
The suburbs are horrible though. I grew up with my parents in Laurelton Queens and now I live with my roommate in Fresh Meadows Queens; And honestly I feel like I'm losing my mind out here. The suburbs are not as good as OP is letting on.

My best friends are from either Jamaica avenue or they're from Pomonok projects.

I got family in Laurelton :ohhh:

What's good breh :mjgrin:

FSP

Banned
Daps
I went to a predominantly Black school & neighborhood but heard my cousins in high school refer to some as Oreos so the distinction has always been there.
I was called oreo many times by hood blacks when I was younger. I'm telling you for a fact they weren't because some people took pride in being ignorant. And I wasn't even from the suburbs like that. My neighborhood was just "okay".

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
I was called oreo many times by hood blacks when I was younger. I'm telling you for a fact they weren't because some people took pride in being ignorant. And I wasn't even from the suburbs like that. My neighborhood was just "okay".

I've been around plenty of suburban nikkas in my adult life that aren't oreos so it depends on that person. I also think region plays a role in this because "NY suburban nikkas" are totally different from the other regions I've been around

FSP

Banned
Daps
I've been around plenty of suburban nikkas in my adult life that aren't oreos so it depends on that person. I also think region plays a role in this because "NY suburban nikkas" are totally different from the other regions I've been around
That makes sense. It gets real petty down here in the deep south. shyt had me fukked up for a while.

The Burger King

Fast Food Gangsta
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
East Whopper City
I was raised mostly in the (safe) suburbs, but I've been living in the hood for almost four years now for school purposes.

A lot of suburban brehs act like the hood is a completely different world when the reality is, if you pay attention to your surroundings, talk to certain people, and learn certain things (all of which can be done quickly) you'll be OK.

You have a few dumb nikkas who might try to harm you because they have something to prove, but that happens in the suburbs too.

It's ironic because when I lived in the suburbs, I got a bunch of shyt from some of the other black kids my age for not perpetuating the stereotype that I'm from the hood.

Meanwhile in the hood, they love the fact that I'm different and can show them a different perspective on things. :ehh:

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The hood I lived in last year was a :flabbynsick: food desert full of ignorant nikkas and hookers on fleek :scust:. Nikkas creeping on a comeup, baby mamas with multiple children at 18, homelessness

You can have that
God I do not miss that place :wow: