Its been so long since a pokemon game gave you this feeling of despair in Red/Blue/Yellow

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
Don’t forget the other battle we was fighting too. Im talking bout the battles with batteries dying. remember having to pillage batteries from remotes and shyt till I could get some money and go to the store.

Fikz2qC.gif
yup, let em know.

:mjlit:come on down to the SMT series

a whole different animal. :mjcry: not even gonna go there with you right now.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
we not gonna talk about SMT :mjlol: random battles push your whole wig back in the starting area just because you thought you could survive a hit with full health

still remember leaning back in my seat more and more after Digital Devil Saga 2 said they were gonna kill my WHOLE party one by one canonically

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Nah the real struggle was running into the legendary Pokémon and either killing it or fukking up and not saving after you lost/ ran from them in the original crystal, silver, and gold.
Omg bruh not even just legendaries but just some shyt you really wanted. Walking around in fukking grass for hours just to run up on the one thing you been waiting for the RNG gods to bless you with and you either kill it, or it breaks out the ball and runs away ::damn: :mjcry:

Volt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Rio
Don’t forget the other battle we was fighting too. Im talking bout the battles with batteries dying. remember having to pillage batteries from remotes and shyt till I could get some money and go to the store.
shyt had me tossing pairs of batteries in the freezer just for some extra minutes. :mjcry:

RBY and GSC will always be a tier up because of Stadium tho. Running sets in 3D with your crew was :wow:

Hathaway

Someday, We'll All Be Free
Daps
Reppin
The Abyss

I almost quit Pokemon Gold cuz of Whitney's Miltank and Jasmine's Steelix. Some bullshyt
Man that damn Miltank made me revise my entire strategy for pokemon. I got my ass beat so many times that the damn pokemon center was like "damn nikka you back again? We just seen yo ass". :mjcry:

My whole squad was terrified. I could sense the fear and lack of faith in my leadership through the fukking screen. But I was arrogant. Miltank humbled my ass so many times. I don't think I've ever been so frustrated at a pokemon game than i was with that shyt. Had a nikka ready to square up with a pokemon one on one and run the fade. fukk a battle nikka this is personal now. Done washed my whole squad 4 times you gotta see me now.

From that day on, every time I would get a pokemon, I would grind out the starting area and over level my shyts just so I'd never get my ass thoroughly handed to me like that ever again. It will always be fukk whitney round here.