Its been so long since a pokemon game gave you this feeling of despair in Red/Blue/Yellow

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
Pulling wins out of your ass against the E4 was always such a rewarding feeling. You analyzing all your moves and items, determining how much health you can chunk away vs how much they'll hit you for and stretching out how long before you use your last couple potions. Then re-analyzing everything when you get hit with a critical :sadcam:

shyt was stressful as hell. Then you beat it and it was worth every second.

Volt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Rio
I'm guessing my set was trash because I barely escaped that feel for Pokemon Pearl. managed to win with that struggle move you get when you exhaust all your moves.
Gen 4 was on some real shyt, had the same happen to me when I first played Platinum. Team went down all the way to Giratina. Breh wasn't even supposed to be there, just a better meat shield than the HM Bibarel. :wow:

I don't remember what was my plan against Cynthia's Garchomp, iirc it was an Abomasnow. Dude was cooked so quick that I couldn't even form a memory. :huhldup:

Lance was on some :demonic: time in HGSS too. Gen 4 was definitely the toughest one.

We don't talk about Platinum Fantina either. :to:

They fukked up the remakes tho. What's the point of giving Cynthia max stats with all the busted bullshyt the game got going on? :stopitslime:

Volt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Rio
Edit: Wrong thread lol.

Let's see what the new game brings to the table tho. Could be good.

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
I had the same feeling playing Red Fire as a child. Pacing around the house with my gameboy and my insides tied in a knot :sadcam: Music added to the tension beautifully too

When the rival pulls out a Hyper Potion :mjcry: shyt would break your moral

Worse thing was getting your Pokémons one shot and cycling through the surviving ones trying to Revive the rest of your team :damn:

Red Fire was even crazier since you had a shadow Elite Four after you beat them the first time. That was so fire. They didn't just take the L, they trained afterwards and came back with new Pokémons, new moves and much higher levels.

Sleepy Floyd

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston, Texas
My first playthrough I had no idea what I was doing. I picked Charmander and got stuck at Brock so I kept grinding in Viridian Forest until I could beat Brock's whole team with my Charmeleon. Then I just tanked through the whole game beating everyone and everything with the starter Pokemon and that Farfetch'd DUX

I plowed through the Elite 4