It's been 22 years and no action scene has surpassed the bank robbery from HEAT :wow:

NOYEMI.M2

PMD Noyemi
Supporter
Daps
You can really appreciate the sound design in that scene. They got movie guns to sound more or less similar to real ones, but they still have a cinematic quality to them. I'd be willing to guess they recorded what they sound like at an indoor range and turned up the bass to that they feel meatier. In any case, they sound appropriately 'loud', none of that corny "pew-pew" nonsense or stock sounds. That shyt was made with love.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
You can really appreciate the sound design in that scene. They got movie guns to sound more or less similar to real ones, but they still have a cinematic quality to them. I'd be willing to guess they recorded what they sound like at an indoor range and turned up the bass to that they feel meatier. In any case, they sound appropriately 'loud', none of that corny "pew-pew" nonsense or stock sounds. That shyt was made with love.
Nah. There’s no track at all, which is the key to that scene. Mann liked the sound they made echoing off of the buildings downtown raw and untouched, and just used that.

NOYEMI.M2

PMD Noyemi
Supporter
Daps
Nah. There’s no track at all, which is the key to that scene. Mann liked the sound they made echoing off of the buildings downtown raw and untouched, and just used that.
Damn, no wonder it sounded so realistic. I'm still hesitant to believe they didn't turn up the bass on the audio to give it a meatier sound (rifles have a bit, but the bassiest gunshot is a shotgun discharge). Wish more directors would do that but we're at the point where people who never shot guns before think that most movies are what guns sound like, lmfao

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
do u mean for a specific genre or altogether? because the raid 2 trumps this in damn near every category with half the budget even for those times :pachaha:

I haven't watched The Raid 2 yet but I'm familiar with the series. The thing is, I prefer shyt to not look choreographed so while a scene can be special even still, if it's overly choreographed I'm going to always prefer a more realistic take.

Everything about the bank robbery scene is perfect right down to the crowded streets and citizens getting in the way and the cops having to be mindful of that and the hiding/ducking behind cars and buildings. Nobody was trying to be a hero.

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
I haven't watched The Raid 2 yet but I'm familiar with the series. The thing is, I prefer shyt to not look choreographed so while a scene can be special even still, if it's overly choreographed I'm going to always prefer a more realistic take.

Everything about the bank robbery scene is perfect right down to the crowded streets and citizens getting in the way and the cops having to be mindful of that and the hiding/ducking behind cars and buildings. Nobody was trying to be a hero.
dont know how the raid looks more choreographed than the heat scene but we just got different eyes or whatever. Raid 2 is GOAT. top 3 action flick and i cant think of two others at the moment

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I haven't watched The Raid 2 yet

rustwtf_zps73c6555b.gif

What? Man watch that shyt tonight.

Fred.

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
22 years brehs. Just watched this again tonight. This movie man :wow:

They don't make crime dramas like this no more. The script, the cast.. but the thing that stands out to this day the most is the GOAT action scene. Police cars getting shot the fukk up, glass raining down on the concrete, the shots from the assault rifles echoing down the street :bustback: :damn:

Michael Mann in his prime a surgeon in the chair

:wow: closest thing to a hollywood shootout movie we'll ever get.............. and this movie happened before the shootout

also.... still dont know how pacino hawked down de niro

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
:wow: closest thing to a hollywood shootout movie we'll ever get.............. and this movie happened before the shootout

also.... still dont know how pacino hawked down de niro

I think he saw him running towards that direction. Then they are out in the field where the planes flyover. The lights coming on and off. He saw Neil's shadow off the ground when the lights came on and got lucky, I think Neil's shot missed and his hit :manny: