It's about to be 2021, can we all agree Jay is the greatest?

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
This video right here literally bodies this whole argument. Pac, Nas, Jay are all interchangeable when it comes to these kinda convos. Can’t go wrong with either.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Nas Stans on this sub are like Kobe Stans in the Seum. Like we all acknowledge Nas is a GOAT but nikkas have to turn every other thread into a Nas manifesto here...

Hov the GOAT just like LeBron...

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Classic albums. Reasonable Doubt and The Blueprint for sure arguably Watch The Throne, Vol. 2, 4:44, The Black Album as well.

Classic songs. He has at least 50 or more.

He’s definitely been less relevant these past five years than at any other point in his career. But this isn’t just about Jay. This is about whether longevity is purely objective and it’s clearly not. It’s going to defend on whether the artist was relevant all those years.

Can we say that It’s a fact that Jay is a great lyricist? Or just an all around amazing rapper? I think so. But for some people that means he’s the absolute best ever. For others that means he is top five. 25. Etc. That’s where it gets subjective.

I think when it comes to opinions about art, the broader the opinion the more likely a consensus can coalesce into a “fact”.

I agree with your assessment of classic albums for Jay. But you know there are people out there who would say he has none or he has 7.

Iso being generous. Hov has WAY more than 50 classic songs and 5-8 classic albums, 5 at minimum. No one has a catalog as consistently elite as his...

As far as Hov's relevance, stop it. He 51, he only seem less relevant the last half-decade because rapping isn't his day job anymore and really hasn't been in 15 years. The genre has grown abd changed and yet he still the gold standard...

Not all the boxes. Stage presence? Meh. Emotion. Meh. Game changing album? Nah. Precocity. No. Originality. Nah. Versalite subject matter. Not really. Authenticity. No. Social consciousness. Nah or forced

He 's great. But far from the best and a lot of his succès have to do with bending the circumstances to his benefit rather than let the work speak for itself

This entire quote is bullshyt lmao...

This is true as well. Threw me off too. shyt I know nikkas who hate on everything Nas does who hit me up saying that album is dope.

Where are you from?

The difference between Jay and Nas is like this, outside of NY, aint no one besides random Nas cheerleaders replaying King's Disease right now. Anything that Jay drops is getting at least some level of pub in every state...

Nas is for sure a GOAT but he doesn't move the needle anywhere near the degree Jay does...

foh lebron and jay aint the goat

Jordan is the GOAT. Just like Pac is the GOAT.

Pac Stans here are insufferable like Jordan Stans, a bunch of "back in my day" rationalizing. Nas Stans are Kobe Stans, complete marriage to anything Nas-related and we CONSISTENTLY see threads that don't feature Nas turn into Nas threads on here...

Hov the GOAT for too many reasons to name, same as Bron. Been playing at the highest level for longer than anyone before him...

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Iso being generous. Hov has WAY more than 50 classic songs and 5-8 classic albums, 5 at minimum. No one has a catalog as consistently elite as his...

As far as Hov's relevance, stop it. He 51, he only seem less relevant the last half-decade because rapping isn't his day job anymore and really hasn't been in 15 years. The genre has grown abd changed and yet he still the gold standard...

This entire quote is bullshyt lmao...

Where are you from?

The difference between Jay and Nas is like this, outside of NY, aint no one besides random Nas cheerleaders replaying King's Disease right now. Anything that Jay drops is getting at least some level of pub in every state...

Nas is for sure a GOAT but he doesn't move the needle anywhere near the degree Jay does...

Pac Stans here are insufferable like Jordan Stans, a bunch of "back in my day" rationalizing. Nas Stans are Kobe Stans, complete marriage to anything Nas-related and we CONSISTENTLY see threads that don't feature Nas turn into Nas threads on here...

Hov the GOAT for too many reasons to name, same as Bron. Been playing at the highest level for longer than anyone before him...
Pac is the GOAT. Jordan is the GOAT. NYC is both Jay and Nas’ hometowns I could give a fukk about anywhere else. Got it? Ya man Bron been bumping Nas and King’s Disease non stop. Buying the merch n all that. Is he from NY? Is Shaq from NY? He got Nas number 1 and Pac number 2. Please fukk outta here.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nas Stans on this sub are like Kobe Stans in the Seum. Like we all acknowledge Nas is a GOAT but nikkas have to turn every other thread into a Nas manifesto here...

Jayz the GOAT just like LeBron...
Jayz being the GOAT can be argued because you can easily say he's had a better rap career than anyone...as well as madd critical acclaim for his music...and he's always been nice as fukk. Any criteria you want to use for judging a G.O.A.T., he has it. Nas doesn't have the career accolades/success like Jay-z but he has accolades and success...and in the other departments some say he's right there with Jay-z, so people can argue him for G.O.A.T. as well

Bron tho? I love Bron, but that man is not nicer than Michael Jordan bro, stop it. I won't even mention the 6 for 6 in the finals shyt, forget that, Bron just aint as nice as MJ. Bron can barrel his way into the paint and score at will if he really wanted to...he's built like a wide receiver with point guard/small forward capabilities with a basketball, he is a 1 of 1, I'll give you that...but MJ was a better scorer, a better defender, a way better shooter, he could takeover whenever he felt like it, HOWEVER he felt like it, etc...

People saying Magic or Bird or this one or that one is better tho are buggin, Bron is definitely #2, imo. But Jordan is far far far far ahead at #1

Last edited:

AJtheOne

Nets/Giants/Yankees
Daps
Reppin
N.E.W. Jerz/#TNT
tenor.gif

No :stopitslime: