It’s A Splash Bros Reunion! Are You Kuminga To The Poole Party? Warriors 2022 Season Thread

Daps
I just saw this a few pages back:

“The way we played at the end of last year, last 20 games, we’d like to carry that momentum forward,” Kerr said on my podcast Thursday. “You know, how can we get off to a similar start to the way we finished last year?”

The Warriors plan on playing small this season, as they did to finish last season. That’s especially true now that James Wiseman has been ruled out for full-speed practices in camp and through the preseason as he comes back from the knee injury that sidelined him for the last months of last season. Planning to go small means the Warriors don’t necessarily need a third center, though projected starter Kevon Looney is the only healthy true big man on the roster.

“I think the league has changed quite a bit,” Kerr said. “I know if you look at our teams historically over the last six, seven years we’ve always carried a lot of centers. But think about the last part of last season. We played Draymond at five so much. We even played Juan (Toscano-Anderson) at five. The league seems to be getting smaller and quicker every single year. So I think we’re less inclined to carry a bunch of centers like we used to.”

@FaTaL I told you a few months ago that this team is at its best when Draymond is at the 5. Kerr sees it too.

Which begs the question: when Klay returns, and if Poole can develop into the player that he's been advertised as, where are the minutes going to be for Wiseman when all these players are going to be competing for time on the floor?

Wiggins
Klay* (rotating between the 2 and 3)
Kuminga
OPJ
Iggy
Dray
JTA
Looney
Bjelica

All these players are likely going to be the rotation from the 3-5. To make matters worse he's going to have to fight his way to get minutes given he won't be available to start the season. He's got considerably more competition for minutes than he did last season.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

“The way we played at the end of last year, last 20 games, we’d like to carry that momentum forward,” Kerr said on my podcast Thursday. “You know, how can we get off to a similar start to the way we finished last year?”

The Warriors plan on playing small this season, as they did to finish last season. That’s especially true now that James Wiseman has been ruled out for full-speed practices in camp and through the preseason as he comes back from the knee injury that sidelined him for the last months of last season. Planning to go small means the Warriors don’t necessarily need a third center, though projected starter Kevon Looney is the only healthy true big man on the roster.

“I think the league has changed quite a bit,” Kerr said. “I know if you look at our teams historically over the last six, seven years we’ve always carried a lot of centers. But think about the last part of last season. We played Draymond at five so much. We even played Juan (Toscano-Anderson) at five. The league seems to be getting smaller and quicker every single year. So I think we’re less inclined to carry a bunch of centers like we used to.”

@FaTaL I told you a few months ago that this team is at its best when Draymond is at the 5. Kerr sees it too.

Which begs the question: when Klay returns, and if Poole can develop into the player that he's been advertised as, where are the minutes going to be for Wiseman when all these players are going to be competing for time on the floor?

Wiggins
Kuminga
OPJ
Iggy
Dray
JTA
Looney
Bjelica

All these players are likely going to be the rotation from the 3-5. To make matters worse he's going to have to fight his way to get minutes given he won't be available to start the season. He's got considerably more competition for minutes than he did last season.
It’s only sustainable in short spurts and you’re risking a injury to dray who has been dinged up the past couple of years. Lose dray and you’re dealing with bigger issues on both sides of the ball

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps

Wiggins
Kuminga
OPJ
Iggy
Dray
JTA
Looney
Bjelica

It’s only sustainable in short spurts and you’re risking a injury to dray who has been dinged up the past couple of years. Lose dray and you’re dealing with bigger issues on both sides of the ball

this. When the wariors went small, it was usually to close out games, or matchup-based

Running a small lineup for 82 games + the playoffs seems like a bad idea

CSquare43

Superstar
Daps
believe-his-lies.gif

Dope movie BTW, I need to rewatch this...

Klay!!

Daps
this. When the wariors went small, it was usually to close out games, or matchup-based
Actually, the Warriors went small the majority of the time over the last 1-2 months after Wiseman went down. Not just for closing out games or matchup-based.
Running a small lineup for 82 games + the playoffs seems like a bad idea
It goes without saying, they won't be running every minute of every game with a small lineup. But it's going to be a style of play that Kerr identifies as needing to rely on, rather than traditional lineups. I guess the overarching point I'm trying to make here is, where does Wiseman's progression fit in all this, because it's hard to see him getting a notable increase in minutes from last season.

Kerr directly speaking about Draymond at the 5 as being the backbone of the team's success to end last season should throw up a red flag for Wiseman's development. To go along with all the other additions to the team that can play the 4/5 and the return of Klay.

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Actually, the Warriors went small the majority of the time over the last 1-2 months after Wiseman went down. Not just for closing out games or matchup-based.

It goes without saying, they won't be running every minute of every game with a small lineup. But it's going to be a style of play that Kerr identifies as needing to rely on, rather than traditional lineups. I guess the overarching point I'm trying to make here is, where does Wiseman's progression fit in all this, because it's hard to see him getting a notable increase in minutes from last season.

Kerr directly speaking about Draymond at the 5 as being the backbone of the team's success to end last season should throw up a red flag for Wiseman's development. To go along with all the other additions to the team that can play the 4/5 and the return of Klay.
Im saying they went small bc they had to last season. In the past years, they played a traditional lineup unless they were closing games or matching up appropriately.

Doin2Much Williams

Grace Under Fiyah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Insignificant posting from an insignificant poster
I feel like Wiggins is going to play like complete shyt (even more than usual) this season cuz he's pissed about the vaccine shyt.

And be frowned upon by the rest of the team/get limited minutes/make shiit awkward in the locker room.

I hope his peers punk the shiit out of him for being a doltz.

Dude is as dumb as he looks.

Daps
im pretty sure bruh is way more professional then that.
Hard to know when his religious beliefs haven't been tested like this, well, that I know of. I'd imagine for someone like him it cuts deeper than the effect of not getting along with a teammate does, or any other matter that can break a lockerroom. Regardless, he's on borrowed time. It's unlikely he'll be on the team come the start of next season.