It’s A Splash Bros Reunion! Are You Kuminga To The Poole Party? Warriors 2022 Season Thread

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
It's not that Wiggins is a bad player, because he's not, it's that his style of play and the cap he takes up puts the Warriors in a bad situation. If you acknowledge that he's not that player to take over and lead the offense when required, what value and impact does he provide that isn't replaceable? He's an above-average defender on guards/wings, which is directly replaceable by others on the team; he can only score on a regular basis when he's put in his position of doing so, which again, is replaceable by others on the team. You have to ask yourself, what does he provide to help this team win a championship that they don't already have?

He's essentially a high-paid role player. There's a 19-year-old rookie on the squad who's everything he should be: aggressive when he needs to be and makes the right play when he needs to.

What's really "dumb" is continuing to believe that Wiggins is the right piece. We already know this team isn't going to make a trade. That has been established long ago. It's not about how realistic the trade hypotheticals I put forward are, I'm merely illustrating what this teams needs to be a contender. That's the bigger picture; the shyt I've been talking about all season is what everyone will be discussing when this team crashes out in the postseason. Continuing to talk about Steph's [inconsistent] shooting, how many regular season wins they get, and anything else, is a red herring.
I don’t completely disagree, but no1 was gonna take the trade for Wiggins and wiseman. That package wouldn’t net us Beal, Simmons, Siakam, or any other star. That’s all I’m saying. If we could sign a center, find someone like how the Heat found yurtseven, I think it’d be enough. Aside from Steph’s mediocrity over the last month and a half, the bench has too many useless guys like Damion Lee and Chris Chiozza. We r “fake deep” in that regard because these guys shouldn’t get minutes but they do bc Kerr wants to play them. We got Otto, Beli, and Iguodala, but dudes like DLee Chiozza, and JTA need to get moved because they aren’t real NBA talent.

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Heading into this season, I made it a point that with all the wear and tear on Draymond's [undersized] body, with the defensive load he's taken on over what is closing in on a decade, another big who can moonlight on that end is a desperate need. Look at where we are at now, and we're none-the-wiser as to how bad his injury is or when he'll return. Who's there to step up and take on that role of his?

Nobody.
I think everyone knows we need size. We have been thin at the C for 3 years now

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
LMAOOOOOOOOO :laff:

Kuminga: 19 points, 50% shooting
Klay: 13 points, 36% shooting

Klay: "Hold my personal items, rook"

hBOHY9q.png

What a gangster :banderas:

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
Hurry back Wiseman. They NEED you.

I'm this close to being officially OUT on James Wiseman
I wanted to trade the pick for a ready made Big before we drafted him. Not only that, he's turned out to be injury prone and can't get on the court. Really needed him to spell Draymond and Looney down low this year and he can't even do that.
Not to mention Steph needs a legit rim runner to take some of the pressure off all these traps. I'm just sick of reading about dude on the injury report. :snoop:

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
I want Ben; I want Siakam. Either or. I been said this a million times. Bigs who can create offense and defend multiple positions/zones. Kuminga just proved once again how redundant Wiggins is on this team. There’s literally no point to having both when there’s a hole in the front court.

I wanted to trade that no. 2 pick for Siakam before we drafted Wiseman but no dice. :sadcam: