It’s A Splash Bros Reunion! Are You Kuminga To The Poole Party? Warriors 2022 Season Thread

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
It’s a finesse, we can say Wigs an allstar and he’s shooting 45% from 3..
But that’s the thing. These deals only work if we can trick the other GM. They’re pipe dreams at best, and utterly fukking dumb at worst.

Siakam is the only guy that can match well with Giannis on the Raptors. Why would they ruin that for Wiggins?

Daps
“Even someone” he says

I’m not even 100% out on Wiggins trades. But if u think Wiggins can net us Siakam or Simmons, ur just incorrect
Yes, because Turner is the next step down from that. Surely you can see the point of this team desperately needing size/experience.

“Not 100% out on Wiggins trades” tells me you think he’s enough to win; that you’d rather him than add a legit big man. I mean, how else could you explain all your praise for him lately, but not keeping the same energy when he underperforms?
Wigs can def net us Siakam
If there was any hope in that it’s now long passed with how well Siakam has been playing lately. Raptors fans would’ve pulled the trigger on that before he came back, but not now.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
But that’s the thing. These deals only work if we can trick the other GM. They’re pipe dreams at best, and utterly fukking dumb at worst.

Siakam is the only guy that can match well with Giannis on the Raptors. Why would they ruin that for Wiggins?

Right now they wont because theyve played there way back into the playoffs,a month ago before he got hot i think it was a discussion it would have likely cost Kuminga too...

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Yes, because Turner is the next step down from that. Surely you can see the point of this team desperately needing size/experience.

“Not 100% out on Wiggins trades” tells me you think he’s enough to win; that you’d rather him than add a legit big man. I mean, how else could you explain all your praise for him lately, but not keeping the same energy when he underperforms?

If there was any hope in that it’s now long passed with how well Siakam has been playing lately. Raptors fans would’ve pulled the trigger on that before he came back, but not now.
i'd be interested if a realistic opportunity was there. literally zero reason to take Wiggin's contract when they have Scottie Barnes and need Siakam to match up with Giannis

there hasnt been ONE scenario that has made sense. Morey and Masai arent gonna pull on what we offer. Myles turner MAYBE depending on what indiana wants.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP

So @Miggs and @CantStop can watch Raptors ads that play Coming Home from now til the fall.

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
@Gil Scott-Heroin i do think the warriors can legit compete for a chip. But they have to get back to how they were playing at the start. This "slump" has been going on for far too long. Ofc wiggins isnt gonna take over and be the guy when Steph goes down. We saw that during his time in minnesota. The problem is the offense has been pretty much shyt for a month and a half. And if draymond's injury is really bad, then this is all moot. Our defense has been shyt with him gone also

Daps
@Gil Scott-Heroin i do think the warriors can legit compete for a chip. But they have to get back to how they were playing at the start. This "slump" has been going on for far too long. Ofc wiggins isnt gonna take over and be the guy when Steph goes down. We saw that during his time in minnesota. The problem is the offense has been pretty much shyt for a month and a half. And if draymond's injury is really bad, then this is all moot. Our defense has been shyt with him gone also
It's not that Wiggins is a bad player, because he's not, it's that his style of play and the cap he takes up puts the Warriors in a bad situation. If you acknowledge that he's not that player to take over and lead the offense when required, what value and impact does he provide that isn't replaceable? He's an above-average defender on guards/wings, which is directly replaceable by others on the team; he can only score on a regular basis when he's put in his position of doing so, which again, is replaceable by others on the team. You have to ask yourself, what does he provide to help this team win a championship that they don't already have?

He's essentially a high-paid role player. There's a 19-year-old rookie on the squad who's everything he should be: aggressive when he needs to be and makes the right play when he needs to.

What's really "dumb" is continuing to believe that Wiggins is the right piece. We already know this team isn't going to make a trade. That has been established long ago. It's not about how realistic the trade hypotheticals I put forward are, I'm merely illustrating what this teams needs to be a contender. That's the bigger picture; the shyt I've been talking about all season is what everyone will be discussing when this team crashes out in the postseason. Continuing to talk about Steph's [inconsistent] shooting, how many regular season wins they get, and anything else, is a red herring.

Daps
Heading into this season, I made it a point that with all the wear and tear on Draymond's [undersized] body, with the defensive load he's taken on over what is closing in on a decade, another big who can moonlight on that end is a desperate need. Look at where we are at now, and we're none-the-wiser as to how bad his injury is or when he'll return. Who's there to step up and take on that role of his?

Nobody.