It’s A Splash Bros Reunion! Are You Kuminga To The Poole Party? Warriors 2022 Season Thread

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kerr said it after the T'Blazers game. It's been stated a few times now that they're being cautious and not overloading him. It's part of his rehab process.
Can't find any mention of it, The Athletic crew didn't mention it either after the first Suns game when they were clowning Kerr for those Chiozza minutes...

Daps
Can't find any mention of it, The Athletic crew didn't mention it either after the first Suns game when they were clowning Kerr for those Chiozza minutes...
It was one of those on-court interviews with Kerr. He said something to the effect of, he's still dealing with issues that would need to be managed throughout the season.

He's been listed on the injury reports prior to games on/off since the start of the season for his back:

"Payton is probable Sunday against the Raptors due to hernia injury recovery.

Payton got the start for the injured Stephen Curry on Friday and posted 12 points, three rebounds, two steals and one block in 29 minutes. Curry is available Sunday, so Payton should return to his usual bench role despite dealing with a hernia."

=

"Golden State Warriors guard Gary Payton II will not play Sunday in the team's game against the Toronto Raptors. Payton was originally listed as probable to play due to injury recovery, but then he was downgraded to doubtful earlier in the day."

Last edited:

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Steph has shot horribly over the last few games, that's not up for debate, but he doesn't need to prove anything. He's also had to adjust to the new rotation, again, to accommodate Wiggins.

Wiggins, on the other hand, still needs to prove himself. All that talk about him being aggressive, "an All-Star", and his efficiency means nothing now. Behind all that smoke and mirrors playing in this system, he's his usual inconsistent self.

:manny:
it cant be on wiggins that steph is smoking wide open layups on the break like Westbrook. The rotation minutes dont justify those putrid numbers. nikka is shooting 18 percent on 2 pointers. Thats absolutely horrendous. U have to try to be that bad

Where is Iggy?
taking A LOT of time to make sure his knee is right. IDK when he'll be back, but his ballhandling, IQ, and overall steady hand is missed sorely

ryderldb

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So ignore the sequence that followed from not calling the challenge where white caught the white caught the rebound and hit the 3… ok Gill… :mjpls:
You’re putting a lot of faith that the refs will overturn the call. I didn’t see the replay but if there’s any contact even before the shot attempt they typically don’t overturn the call.

Daps
it cant be on wiggins that steph is smoking wide open layups on the break like Westbrook. The rotation minutes dont justify those putrid numbers. nikka is shooting 18 percent on 2 pointers. Thats absolutely horrendous. U have to try to be that bad
You're still missing the point.

Steph doesn't need to prove anything. He's in a shooting slump, just like he was during periods of last season, and he got himself out of it. He's also guarded considerably more heavily than Wiggins, and the entire system revolves around his presence/efforts. He's the franchise piece.

Wiggins needs to prove that he's worthy of being the #2 option, which he still is yet to do, otherwise, what's the point of him being on the team?

Why does this need to be spelled out?

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
You're still missing the point.

Steph doesn't need to prove anything. He's in a shooting slump, just like he was during periods of last season, and he got himself out of it. He's also guarded considerably more heavily than Wiggins, and the entire system revolves around his presence/efforts. He's the franchise piece.

Wiggins needs to prove that he's worthy of being the #2 option, which he still is yet to do, otherwise, what's the point of him being on the team?

Why does this need to be spelled out?
calm down

and wiggins aint a 2nd option. that was never the plan. ever
It's on you for wanting that. team never gave any indication of such. At best he shares that "number 2" role with Poole

Daps
calm down

and wiggins aint a 2nd option. that was never the plan. ever
It's on you for wanting that. team never gave any indication of such. At best he shares that "number 2" role with Poole
He's being paid $30+m, taking up nearly 20% of the cap, and yet his impact is that of a role player.

It's on me for wanting more than that when it's holding back the team?

:usure:

You've sure changed your tune after wanting him traded over the first month of the season.

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
He's being paid $30+m, taking up nearly 20% of the cap, and yet his impact is that of a role player.

It's on me for wanting more than that when it's holding back the team?

:usure:

You've sure changed your tune after wanting him traded over the first month of the season.
yep. welcome to the NBA, where role players can get exorbitant contracts.

When he was traded to GSW, he was never seen as the number 2 guy. That's more or less what he was in Minnesota. We still have yet to see what he's gonna look like next to klay and steph lol, and he's been here for 3 seasons

i have changed my tune. I'll prolly want him traded again at some point over the course of the season. Such is the life of a Warriors fanatic

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nothing in here saying Kerr is limiting him to 12 minutes and giving Chiozza more run due to injury. I just find it hard to believe that Marcus Thompson and Anthony Slater weren't aware that GP2 is having his minutes reduced to manage injury when they were shytting on Kerr during for playing Chiozza 8 straight minutes during the Suns post game pod.
It was one of those on-court interviews with Kerr. He said something to the effect of, he's still dealing with issues that would need to be managed throughout the season.

He's been listed on the injury reports prior to games on/off since the start of the season for his back:

"Payton is probable Sunday against the Raptors due to hernia injury recovery.

Payton got the start for the injured Stephen Curry on Friday and posted 12 points, three rebounds, two steals and one block in 29 minutes. Curry is available Sunday, so Payton should return to his usual bench role despite dealing with a hernia."

=

"Golden State Warriors guard Gary Payton II will not play Sunday in the team's game against the Toronto Raptors. Payton was originally listed as probable to play due to injury recovery, but then he was downgraded to doubtful earlier in the day."

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Nothing in here saying Kerr is limiting him to 12 minutes and giving Chiozza more run due to injury. I just find it hard to believe that Marcus Thompson and Anthony Slater weren't aware that GP2 is having his minutes reduced to manage injury when they were shytting on Kerr during for playing Chiozza 8 straight minutes during the Suns post game pod.
dude, honest to god, IDK what the issue is. Fromt the outside looking in, it's just ridiculous. GP2 had a career game last night and then only plays 12 mins. I REALLY hope something is up. i just dont know what it is

Daps
Nothing in here saying Kerr is limiting him to 12 minutes and giving Chiozza more run due to injury.
I think it's pretty self-explanatory that his load is going to be managed. When they signed him to that non-guaranteed contract, they even mentioned then they'd need to be cautious going forward. His minutes will be up to how he feels, and how the coaching staff feels they're willing to play him, given they're already dealing with a number of injuries and are trying to navigate through the course of a 82-game season.

Chiozza wouldn't even be seeing the floor if the rotation was healthy - that should tell you all you need to know why he's getting minutes.
dude, honest to god, IDK what the issue is. Fromt the outside looking in, it's just ridiculous. GP2 had a career game last night and then only plays 12 mins. I REALLY hope something is up. i just dont know what it is
"Hernia injury recovery".

That should tell you all you need to know.

I trust that the coaching/medical staff know what his limits are and not to push them when we're only 20 games into the season. If he gets injured while playing big minutes, then there'll be fingers pointing on why was he playing so many minutes knowing he's still dealing with issues/recovery.

Daps
This was from back in 2016 -

Rockets rookie guard Gary Payton II is expected to undergo surgery to repair a sports hernia in the next couple of days. Also, Michael Beasley (groin) will not play the rest of the summer league.
Six years later and he had an inguinal hernia repair, so that suggests to me it's unlikely he'll ever be able to play significant minutes every game. I'd imagine he would've been in the league a long time ago if he didn't have this obstacle in front of him.

The last thing this team needs is breaking their most valuable role player this early in the season.

:manny: