It’s A Splash Bros Reunion! Are You Kuminga To The Poole Party? Warriors 2022 Season Thread

Chabot College

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Hayward, CA
Do you actually think that Poole can be a true #2 option during the playoffs :comeon:

Y’all keep referring to this game when I’m speaking to the playoffs when it matters the most. This regular season shyt doesn’t matter to GS as that’s not how their legacy will be judged. Same as this victory meaning nothing to CP3 when he’s going to be judged by rings whether it’s fair or not.
Do I think Pooles ability to drive to the hoop will translate in a playoff setting? Absolutely, and once again he won’t have to shoulder the entire load KLAY WILL BE BACK. Even if Klay is only 50% of his former self like you are pretending he will be, that is still someone wide open that can hit shots.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Do I think Pooles ability to drive to the hoop will translate in a playoff setting? Absolutely, and once again he won’t have to shoulder the entire load KLAY WILL BE BACK. Even if Klay is only 50% of his former self like you are pretending he will be, that is still someone wide open that can hit shots.

That’s not enough to beat a full powered Milwaukee team and even you know that.

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Where did I say that it was impossible to do :mjlol:

They scrapped up bargain bin basement players to help fill out their roster, which is the exact same thing that the Lakers tried to do this season. Even in spite of those moves, they still aren't beating teams like Phoenix or Milwaukee in the playoffs when it matters the most as long as they don't have anyone else that can consistently get buckets when Steph is locked up.
This kinda has me rethinking them getting Simmons. They need someone who can score. Those Draymond plays of refusing to shoot & turning it over, imagine both him & Ben having that type of night :scust:

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Iguodala was sorry missed last night. His steady hand would’ve been huge for us. Sometimes I legit think he’s the best passer on the team

anyway, the game hung in the balance for about 20 real time minutes. No one capitalized. Really, all that needs to change is the rampant turnovers. We nearly doubled the Suns in TO’s and still could’ve won.

JTA can’t come in the game and play that badly. That was his first taste of “playoff” type ball, and he failed miserably. 5 TO’s in 13 mins of play is just as bad as when Smailagic had 5 fouls in 8 minutes

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Iguodala was sorry missed last night. His steady hand would’ve been huge for us. Sometimes I legit think he’s the best passer on the team

anyway, the game hung in the balance for about 20 real time minutes. No one capitalized. Really, all that needs to change is the rampant turnovers. We nearly doubled the Suns in TO’s and still could’ve won.

JTA can’t come in the game and play that badly. That was his first taste of “playoff” type ball, and he failed miserably. 5 TO’s in 13 mins of play is just as bad as when Smailagic had 5 fouls in 8 minutes
That wasn't JTA's first taste of playoff basketball he played in the play-in games last year.

Daps
I don't get writing definitive statements on what this team is until you at least see what Klay looks like, he's gonna get 4 months of live game reps to get ready for the postseason.
I don't think Klay's return is going to do much to address the frontcourt issues, and the need for a ball-handler. I mean, this team is basically reliant on a 38-year-old to be healthy enough for a Finals run, otherwise, the next man up that can handle the ball is Chiozza. It's funny because the same folks that are confused at why he got so many minutes last night are the same ones ignoring the reality of this roster.

To that point: Chiozza has largely been good in the minutes he's had this season; he was an integral part acting as the secondary ball-handler in the Raptors game when they forced Steph out of the frame. But the fact that they're relying on a G-Leaguer to assume that role is a problem. He shouldn't even be anywhere near the rotation come postseason, but what other option do they have?
This kinda has me rethinking them getting Simmons. They need someone who can score. Those Draymond plays of refusing to shoot & turning it over, imagine both him & Ben having that type of night :scust:
Scoring, in a vacuum, isn't really the issue. Klay being back will only add another layer to that.

It's generating opportunities for the players to score.

At the moment there's nobody other than Steph that can be trusted to handle the ball. Having Simmons who can set the table for everyone will address that problem. As long as there's enough floor spacers out there (Steph, Klay, Poole, Otto etc) the offense will function at a high-level, even more so, it'll ease the load on Draymond, really on both ends. If Draymond has to body up bigs like Ayton and Gobert, defend main-ballhandlers, and then run plays on offense, he's not going to be at his utmost effectiveness is he? Because that's what a lot of his struggles stemmed from last night, he was fatigued and under pressure which led to careless turnovers and not enough gas to score. The addition of Simmons will fix that.

Daps
How are you going to proclaim they don’t have a #2 ?? Poole literally put up 28 points on efficient shooting. Since you want to push the narrative that Klay will be a shell of his former self then we can say that the #2 option is a combination of Poole and Klay.

This was a 1 point game with 3 minutes left. Why are we acting like the Warriors never had a chance to win this :mjlol:

Turnovers and the horrible Draymond layup attempts were the final nail in the coffin.
I guess this is the issue.

You're focused on the chance to win a regular season game, when folks are trying to point out the inherent issues that will arise during the playoffs. I've told you time and time again, you shouldn't be looking at regular season wins/losses as a scale of where this team is at. Any team can win a regular season game on any given night. Poole was great, but should there really be the expectation in his first season as a starter to make the right decisions and rise to the occasion in that role for a title run? He's been wildly inconsistent this season, which again, is to be expected.

It's his first season as a starter

One can not then assume that inconsistency isn't going to also carry over in the playoffs, even more so.

Chabot College

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Hayward, CA
I guess this is the issue.

You're focused on the chance to win a regular season game, when folks are trying to point out the inherent issues that will arise during the playoffs. I've told you time and time again, you shouldn't be looking at regular season wins/losses as a scale of where this team is at. Any team can win a regular season game on any given night. Poole was great, but should there really be the expectation in his first season as a starter to make the right decisions and rise to the occasion in that role for a title run? He's been wildly inconsistent this season, which again, is to be expected.

It's his first season as a starter

One can not then assume that inconsistency isn't going to also carry over in the playoffs, even more so.
So 3rd year Poole is a liability but 2nd year LaMelo would be flawless? (I’m jumping back and forth between past debates)..

Do I think Poole and Wiggins are some of the best 3rd and 4th options in the league? Yes, I do:yeshrug:

Daps
So 3rd year Poole is a liability but 2nd year LaMelo would be flawless? (I’m jumping back and forth between past debates)..
You don't have to deal in extremes.

Melo has already had an entire season starting prior as the lead ball-handler, which he would've been on this team too (or more specifically, sharing that role with Steph). Last season would've been a dress-rehearsal for him. Not only is this Poole's first year starting, but he's not even tasked with handling the ball like that. He's going to need 1-2 playoff runs before he's ready to be that guy. I mean, of course, there's some possibility everything could click for him this postseason, but there shouldn't be the expectation that it will. This is more you hoping he will rather than trying to be objective.

I get that you want to see the best situation for your team, and I'm not trying to strip that away from you -- that's your right as a fan, and I can't tell you any different. But when someone is trying to give you the reality of the situation, you can't just blindly argue in the direction of the contrary. It's like the whole shyt with Wiseman. Not every player on this team is going to pan out how you want them to.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Just thought I’d post this here

8-C680-AE6-8-EF2-4-FDB-8-CD0-8-A6-E1-B0884-DA.jpg

calh45

Cal
Daps
Okay, if the Warriors win the chip then I guess it will be one of the best chips of all time since on paper they have no chance :ehh:

It ain't even all star break and Klay ain't back yet. Y'all can call me a half way fan if you want, but I wasn't seriously judging this team at all until Klay is back. Being at the top of the conference was overachieving.

Even if Klay isn't as athletic at worst he's top 5 shooter of all time and they can manufacturer spacing just by him standing in the corner. Playoff Giannis is the only real threat to Klay and Steph shooting like they're capable of. Fat Harden and KD ain't keeping up. Late season CP3 and Booker ain't keeping up. Bron and slightly injured AD ain't keeping up.