It’s A Splash Bros Reunion! Are You Kuminga To The Poole Party? Warriors 2022 Season Thread

ryderldb

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All credit to Phoenix. Made us look like bytches all game. Steph looked scared to death.

I hope y'all start getting mad at these turnovers like I do. This game felt like a finals game, and our 2 leaders blew it

this can either be a wakeup call or we can learn from this
What’s getting mad at the turnovers gonna do? It’s just what it is. It’s always been this way in Kerr’s offense.

Daps
For Kuminga, they can try, but Indiana got a team full of bigs already. They don't need Wiseman (and they're not the kind of team interested in a full scale tear down)

but at least you understand my overarching point.
I've always maintained the Warriors need a big. Where we disagree is that Wiseman will fill that void. That book has been written and closed.

:yeshrug:

Daps
All credit to Phoenix. Made us look like bytches all game. Steph looked scared to death.

I hope y'all start getting mad at these turnovers like I do. This game felt like a finals game, and our 2 leaders blew it

He wasn't scared.

If he was scared he wouldn't have put up 20+ shots, forcing himself to get into rhythm. He was impatient, as he typically gets when his shot isn't falling; he tries to go for the home-run play instead of looking for a single. He's like a gambler who chases his losses, putting himself further and further in possession-debt. He thinks he can shift the momentum by hitting a 3, which more times often than not he can, but that can't be the lifeboat every time the team is drowning. There needs to be another center of offense to help carry that burden, where he doesn't feel like he has to be the one to rescue them every single time.

Folks are only fooling themselves if they don't think this shyt won't happen in the playoffs when Steph needs someone else to step up, and all that's there is Poole with his inconsistency and inexperience (who shouldn't be forced into that role in the first place), and Klay (who hasn't played in over two years).

Moves need to be made, and they need to be done sooner rather than later.

:manny:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
This is why a trade needs to be made.

They need someone who can generate offense, and/or a big who can actually be of value against a team like the Suns. Looney and Bjeli isn't enough.

I’ve been telling GS fans that for weeks, yet a certain poster kept insisting otherwise :mjlol:

Dudes are literally expecting Klay to come in ready to compete on a championship level after missing two straight years of injury, when it’s just not going to happen right away.

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
nikkas gotta be ready to show up. Steph gotta be better, plain and straight. Idc who’s on him. I expect greatness.

CP3 had his entire team prepared on how to defend Steph. If Steve Kerr doesn't implement some midrange shot plays for Steph by the playoffs it will be a grave mistake. Steph has to utilize the midrange jumper vs great defenses. He has time to be ready

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps

This game is exactly how defenses will play Steph and the Warriors in a series.
Dubs got work to do, they better implement some midrange offense for Steph quick!!

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
He wasn't scared.

If he was scared he wouldn't have put up 20+ shots, forcing himself to get into rhythm. He was impatient, as he typically gets when his shot isn't falling; he tries to go for the home-run play instead of looking for a single. He's like a gambler who chases his losses, putting himself further and further in possession-debt. He thinks he can shift the momentum by hitting a 3, which more times often than not he can, but that can't be the lifeboat every time the team is drowning. There needs to be another center of offense to help carry that burden, where he doesn't feel like he has to be the one to rescue them every single time.

Folks are only fooling themselves if they don't think this shyt won't happen in the playoffs when Steph needs someone else to step up, and all that's there is Poole with his inconsistency and inexperience (who shouldn't be forced into that role in the first place), and Klay (who hasn't played in over two years).

What’s your ideal move(s) to shore up the roster?

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
He wasn't scared.

We could use another ball handler. But if the ones we have don’t turn it over at record pace, we can win

the game was waiting for us. It was right there, and we blew it. Steph airballing open shots and being unable to create separation on Deandre Ayton hurt us, draymond’s predictability on looking to pass to Steph hurt us. Our role players pretty much did a great job. Up to the leaders to actually be leaders

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
When the 3ball ain't there Steph gotta go to the midrange, shyt was there all night for him, I think he only took one and splashed it. Can't just completely ignore a whole section of the floor like that.

I been saying this since 2016, I don't understand how he has completely abandoned that part of his game. Just doesn't use it as a weapon at all.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I don't get writing definitive statements on what this team is until you at least see what Klay looks like, he's gonna get 4 months of live game reps to get ready for the postseason.

4 months of live game reps isn't going to mask that he's missed two and a half straight years due to injury. He's going to need a lot longer than 4 months to be that guy again he used to be and be the difference maker GS needs in the playoffs.

He's likely going to be on a minutes restriction for the rest of the season as well anyways.

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
4 months of live game reps isn't going to mask that he's missed two and a half straight years due to injury. He's going to need a lot longer than 4 months to be that guy again he used to be and be the difference maker GS needs in the playoffs.

He's likely going to be on a minutes restriction for the rest of the season as well anyways.
respectfully I'll wait until we see what he looks like after months of game reps. I remember last year when I was killing the front office for not doing a good job of filling in the margins of the roster and we had a back n forth with you telling me they were limited in moves to make due to the cap situation, and we've seen how that has now shaken out. Sometimes it's best to not act like you have all the answers.