shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
oh shyt! i never caught onto that :ohhh:
post-62416-The-Wire-Wee-Bey-Brice-OMG-WTF-tm9I.gif

do you have any memory of p bein' an openin' act for 2pac on tour? i been noticin' in different interviews he mentions this but i ain't never know this :dwillhuh:
Breh i dont even remember 2pac touring...n to tell u the truth 2pac wasnt even that big to even headline a tour..he didnt blow up until he got shot..n durin that time he was locked up

it coulda been somebody else show n tupac was on the bill...n p was opened up..
plus he was selling them 2 for 5 style

while everyone was selling cds at 12.99-17.99 depending on where you got them... his shyt was 8.99 for a full 80 min cd on some itunes shyt

thats how i got into P in the first place... went to buy a cd, didn't have the cash... saw ghetto d for sale for 8.99 and bought that shyt... hooked ever since
alot of places had em for 6.99 as well..every flea market had every no limit release on the shelves by thursday

shopthatwrecks

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
them cacs was shook :russ::russ:

Master P taught these nikkas how to get money without needing no cacs but nikkas nowadays will do publicity stunts on IG, tap dance on tables, act mad gay, etc for a record deal that will fukk them over in the long run.
master p was teachin nikkas what e-40's uncle n j prince told em..

shopthatwrecks

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
Elaborate on that UPC code hustle

Was cash money on it too? I was young but I remember nikkas saying Get it how you live sold 500k had me like :leon:
It returned more $ or just inflated the sales numbers only
inflated sales..

remember no limit was the kings of throw away albums...compilations(when solo albums were pretty much compilations)...soundtracks

the way lil flip did it..

the leprechaun album...had the same upc's of like 5 different mixtapes he had...

his mixtapes were boostin his leprechaun sales...though the entire state of texas had the album damn near...

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
Breh i dont even remember 2pac touring...n to tell u the truth 2pac wasnt even that big to even headline a tour..he didnt blow up until he got shot..n durin that time he was locked up

it coulda been somebody else show n tupac was on the bill...n p was opened up..

yeah, i was gon say, cause i'm sittin' here listenin' to him mention it in a few different interviews and i'm like, what the fukk is this nikka talkin' bout, lol

but like you said, it probably was somebody else's show and 2pac was on the bill with p openin' up

Daps
ff3966cee90b11440ef7cdd37d77427f.jpg

Yall stop dat bullshyt...GUCCI MANE is no where near what MASTER P is as far as a BOSS MOGUL

First off P Came in the game with his own money

While GUCCI had to rely on HB to buy him everything from his jewlery to his draws when he had to "run" from them boys from another label down in Savannah whom he robbed...... :whistle: :mjpls:

Jeezy addressed the HB situation on STAY STRAPPED..and GUCCI addressed the ROBBERY and RAMMIFCATIONS on BURRPRINT...

Another thing P owned his own licenscing, masters and label....Gottdamn Gucci signed his masters from his first three albums over to BIG CAT for a Dodge Magnum :dead:

then turnaround and created SO ICEY LABEL only for it to get finessed by WAKA FLOCKA mom whom he had to sue for taking it from him....

MASTER P. owned all his artists and continued to eat off them long after thier prime.....

MIA X....SILK DA SHOCKER...C MURDER,...ROMEO..MAC....SOULJAH SLIM, KANE AND ABEL etc.

while GUCCI spawned all these "children" in the form of YOUNG THUGGA, OJ JUICEMAN, MIGOS, PEE LONGWAY, WAKA, ZAY, MIKE WILL

Yet LYOR COHEN, MS. DEB, CRAIG KALLMAN and TODD MOSCOWITZ and COACH K got the rights to them and made more money off of them than GUCCI ever seen...

MASTER P. didn't need to rely on a gang to do his work or provide muscle...yall know it was P that put that "boy" in that trunk.......

while GUCCI MANE switched sides like THE GAME from CRIP TO BLOOD..i seen it with my own eyes cuzz....... shoutout to Bear and HB... :salute:

so in the end...MASTER P was a real boss with a JOINT VENTURE with the labels in his favor.... :win:

while GUCCI MANE just been SHARECROPPING his entire career....... :manny:

sorry lil kids but your "hero" could never emulate a legend like MASTER P. who made it possible for GUCCI to even have a career :ufdup:

:mjcry:

How dare you.

Carr

All Star
Verified
Daps
Reppin
Carol City
Impossible for a Master P in this era,while different game.

not at all. Very possible. Dont believe me, just watch.

Yall probably dont remember when I would post my videos up here. I kept getting screwed left and right by the video man resulting in bad outcomes. Yall even murdered me in the threads. I eventually learned to shoot and edit my own; first video I had control over made Worldstar. Next video I did all on an iphone. I applied that same DIY to plenty other areas. All I wanted to do was rap; yet the universe kept forcing me to be a boss, and I spent the majority of the year studying and mastering my skills in all depts. With what I got coming...Im ready to step into destiny and carry on the legacy of P...etc.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
not at all. Very possible. Dont believe me, just watch.

Yall probably dont remember when I would post my videos up here. I kept getting screwed left and right by the video man resulting in bad outcomes. Yall even murdered me in the threads. I eventually learned to shoot and edit my own; first video I had control over made Worldstar. Next video I did all on an iphone. I applied that same DIY to plenty other areas. All I wanted to do was rap; yet the universe kept forcing me to be a boss, and I spent the majority of the year studying and mastering my skills in all depts. With what I got coming...Im ready to step into destiny and carry on the legacy of P...etc.
lmao,what does this have to do with a master p style takeover?

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Hip hop isn't in a 'new''er thing like it was back then. Def not possible.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Not only that but P understood the worth of his vision and the greed of the cac

He didn't take no shorts when it came to getting what was rightfully his

Some folks may not like his contributions to the art of hip hop music

But his dealings with cacs, who thought he was just some dumb Southern negro, is legendary
The Ice Cream Man intro :ohlawd:

@Ed MOTHERfukkING G made a great thread about this very subject

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Hip hop isn't in a 'new''er thing like it was back then. Def not possible.

hip-hop was far from new or new-ish when master p went on his run. he just came in with a new approach.

but yea, its definitely not possible, the way the game is rigged up now. they made sure theres never gonna be another master p.

yeah, i was gon say, cause i'm sittin' here listenin' to him mention it in a few different interviews and i'm like, what the fukk is this nikka talkin' bout, lol

but like you said, it probably was somebody else's show and 2pac was on the bill with p openin' up

sounds like chitlin circuit.

so yea, I'm sure it was pac's tour. it was just nothing major.

You can't just come out independently and make a lot of money by stealing various styles and dropping weak rhymes over recycled beats to impress kids anymore. Put on your mans where 80 % are wack and just let them ride the wave and also make some money. And I was the biggest TRU stan when I was a kid.

It takes a lot more today, that period nearly killed hiphop and we have slowly been moving back to some better days. Now we are seeing unique styles, people being forced to connect with the people and on like it once was. A lot more grass root until they hit that other level, which no one really is in except like Drake, Jay and Eminem.

Looking back it was impressive, but also a function of it's time and the finessing game cats were running on rap fans. What Death row and Def Jam did, that was on another level. Collecting individual high caliber emcees and producers and changing music.

this dude is hands-down the worst poster on this site.

all your posts are a pain to read.

Last edited: