it's a shame this era of hip hop ain't got nobody like a 90's master p in it

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
nah u not listening to me...

p treated the rap game like the dope game

remember the different color cases he was droppin for his artist..

crack_vials_on_white.jpg.w300h450.jpg

i see ghetto dope..fiend, kane n able, snoop n silk album loll

oh shyt! i never caught onto that :ohhh:
post-62416-The-Wire-Wee-Bey-Brice-OMG-WTF-tm9I.gif

do you have any memory of p bein' an openin' act for 2pac on tour? i been noticin' in different interviews he mentions this but i ain't never know this :dwillhuh:

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
nah u not listening to me...

p treated the rap game like the dope game

remember the different color cases he was droppin for his artist..

crack_vials_on_white.jpg.w300h450.jpg

i see ghetto dope..fiend, kane n able, snoop n silk album loll

Not only that but P understood the worth of his vision and the greed of the cac

He didn't take no shorts when it came to getting what was rightfully his

Some folks may not like his contributions to the art of hip hop music

But his dealings with cacs, who thought he was just some dumb Southern negro, is legendary

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
Nah...This is the era of free music.

Like @shopthatwrecks said, P treated music like the dope game so he wasn't with giving sh*t away for free.
he did give certain things free though..

p muhfukkin ass woulda found a way to hustle the streaming game...to get every % he is owed...

p used all his connects n resources..

he stayed in houston for a bit..

houston at that time was home of southwest whole sale..the biggest distribution company in the south long as u had 75 bucks u gettin pressed up 20k

pen n pixel..located in houston..didnt need the promotion from the label..

n he knew the good ol upc code hustle..legendary in texas..

aint no way in hell nikkas were buyin 500k of nikkas they never heard be4

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
We gotta figure out how to finesse this digital age. I mean, back in the day people was making hella bread from album sales alone and doing big ass shows. Underground is where its at now though

but with the internet now, is there even a such thing as the "underground"?

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
You can't just come out independently and make a lot of money by stealing various styles and dropping weak rhymes over recycled beats to impress kids anymore. Put on your mans where 80 % are wack and just let them ride the wave and also make some money. And I was the biggest TRU stan when I was a kid.

It takes a lot more today, that period nearly killed hiphop and we have slowly been moving back to some better days. Now we are seeing unique styles, people being forced to connect with the people and on like it once was. A lot more grass root until they hit that other level, which no one really is in except like Drake, Jay and Eminem.

Looking back it was impressive, but also a function of it's time and the finessing game cats were running on rap fans. What Death row and Def Jam did, that was on another level. Collecting individual high caliber emcees and producers and changing music.

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
That's one thing. Internet so open and people download so much, you might as well make your own website, put ads on it and make money from ads and free downloads or sell the downloads for cheap

yeah, that's what i'm sayin'. i don't think there is an "underground" with the world wide web now

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not only that but P understood the worth of his vision and the greed of the cac

He didn't take no shorts when it came to getting what was rightfully his

Some folks may not like his contributions to the art of hip hop music

But his dealings with cacs, who thought he was just some dumb Southern negro, is legendary
I keep trying to tell nikkas :wow:

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
You can't just come out independently and make a lot of money by stealing various styles and dropping weak rhymes over recycled beats to impress kids anymore. Put on your mans where 80 % are wack and just let them ride the wave and also make some money. And I was the biggest TRU stan when I was a kid.

It takes a lot more today, that period nearly killed hiphop and we have slowly been moving back to some better days. Now we are seeing unique styles, people being forced to connect with the people and on like it once was. A lot more grass root until they hit that other level, which no one really is in except like Drake, Jay and Eminem.

Looking back it was impressive, but also a function of it's time and the finessing game cats were running on rap fans. What Death row and Def Jam did, that was on another level. Collecting individual high caliber emcees and producers and changing music.

Think it made hiphop the global force it is today. Not no Limit alone...but all the lables from 95-2005 really blew hiphop the fukk up. Bet too.