It Was Written vs In My Lifetime Vol 1

director_of_bands

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
qc NC
when I compare the tracks that kick off both albums - again im havin a hard time making a case for nas

Last edited by a moderator:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Cut it out. You're from where exactly? I was there.

I grew up in Detroit :smugfavre:

Ayo but I visited my uncle in NY many times. RD wasn't much of anything when it came out, even Jay admits that. IWW dominated that summer no matter what city/state you was in outside of the south.

King Biko

A King With A Concubine
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia

Ayo but I visited my uncle in NY many times. RD wasn't much of anything when it came out, even Jay admits that. IWW dominated that summer no matter what city/state you was in outside of the south.

u gotta look at the situation of course nas is gonna sell more than a new artist coming off of on of the most critically acclaimed albums in rap history

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone

Reasonable Doubt was religion to the crowd I ran with in new York when it dropped. Everyone was saying he was next after BIG. I was there. This is a truism.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Reasonable Doubt was religion to the crowd I ran with in new York when it dropped. Everyone was saying he was next after BIG. I was there. This is a truism.

See, I respect this. The album was big in your circle, I can't front on that.

I'm just sayin OVERALL nikkas weren't fukking with Jay in 96 like they were with Nas.

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
See, I respect this. The album was big in your circle, I can't front on that.

I'm just sayin OVERALL nikkas weren't fukking with Jay in 96 like they were with Nas.

well the sales reflect that. but i'd point to the caliber of fan too. Reasonable Doubt was what the cool, up to the minute cats were on while Nas was on MTV with Lauren.

apples and oranges really. IWW was not a hit like that in crowds that were moving properly.

28 Gramz

How U Luv That???
Daps
Reppin
Tre-4,North Carolina
Anybody saying RD is anything more than a regional favorite needs to STFU. "I was there"...you nikkas and your circle of friends bumpin it doesn't mean Rd "smashed the hood". Jay was an afterthought in 96 especially compared to Nas,Big,Pac and even the Fugess. You can't seriously compare an album that went gold in a high selling era of rap to a multiplatinum album with Nas biggest hits to date.

"I drop my first cd...yall all lamed out..didnt really appreciate it til the second one came out"

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
and this concludes my nas/jay stan war contributions for the month. i usually try and avoid this silliness but i got caught up in the vortex today.

Ghost >

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
t1oB2.gif

Trav

Marathon Mentality šŸ
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
As far as personal listening experience goes, IWW is better than Illmatic to me so it definitely gets the nod over IMLV1.