Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
giphy.gif

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I need someone to explain to me how his pen was "sharper" on IWW. It's a classic album and you can argue his flow improved, but as a writer? Give me examples because Illmatic is far more poetic, more introspective, and more evocative. Lyrically there is far more variety in terms of subject matter on Illmatic, vs IWW which is more mafioso.

Not hating on IWW, it's a classic. I'm just saying I've never heard a good argument for it being better. The simplest argument against it: Illmatic is perfect, IWW isn't. Black Girl Lost is mid.

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I need someone to explain to me how his pen was "sharper" on IWW. It's a classic album and you can argue his flow improved, but as a writer? Give me examples because Illmatic is far more poetic, more introspective, and more evocative. Lyrically there is far more variety in terms of subject matter on Illmatic, vs IWW which is more mafioso.

Not hating on IWW, it's a classic. I'm just saying I've never heard a good argument for it being better. The simplest argument against it: Illmatic is perfect, IWW isn't. Black Girl Lost is mid.
He was sharp on both equally if you ask me. Both 10 for 10 classics.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
lol the fact that nikkas are still comparing everything Nas does to Illmatic says enough about where that album stands in Nas discography

:ehh: Hmm.. There is this one artist who dropped a pretty great First Album as well. One could say it's a classic, but his newer works seem to be mentioned more or at least lauded as just as great. I wonder what ever happened to that guy.