• Maybe

Votes: 29 23.4%
  • I cant choose

Votes: 9 7.3%

• Total voters
Daps
Reppin
Chi
I do enjoy IWW but there's just a couple of meh songs that are too easy to skip, Nas is coming and black girl lost in particular. I just don't find them to be on par w/ the other songs

Superstar
Daps
Nas would be homeless if he listened to alot of u nikkas opinions. Name one other rapper rushing to spit to the Live nikka Rap beat. U got nikkas still spitting on the beats I mentioned till this day.

:mjlol:
Nas would be doing just fine, because NONE of us have or would have told him to do anything different. Lmao what are you talking about?!

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
Honestly it's an opinion a lot of people in they 30s to early 40s have and it's not just internet. Lupe, Royce, Schoolboy, Budden, Cordae, Dave East, Conway, Westside Gunn, Banks, Danny Brown etc. all have IWW as better and Nas best

I don't agree that IWW is better but I see why nikkas feel that way

I get that. And that's my point though. If you're in your early 30's, then you're damn near the same age as the album.

Most people who talk sh*t about Illmatic weren't around or old enough to see how crazy it was when it dropped. They got up on Nas later in life. So it's like Lord Finesse said recently, "Too many people discredit classics that they weren't playing when they dropped, or weren't exposed to". I'm old enough to have copped both the first day they both dropped. So I can speak to what was going on when both of them came out. Dudes be on here talking about, "I finally gave Illmatic a listen and this is what I think". FOH! 30 years later! LOL!!

Nah, if you weren't old enough to go buy that when it came out, I don’t want to hear your opinion on no classics. Premier, Nas, Common, Black Thought, Large Professor, Pete Rock, Jay-Z, Monch, Redman, Ghostface, Scarface, Mos Def, Cormega, Method Man, Q-Tip and mad others all say Illmatic is Nas's best and one of the best albums ever. And I love IWW, but I have never heard anyone say it was one of the best albums ever. When that dropped, the community hated on it. Nobody hated Illmatic.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I get that. And that's my point though. If you're in your early 30's, then you're damn near the same age as the album.

Most people who talk sh*t about Illmatic weren't around or old enough to see how crazy it was when it dropped. They got up on Nas later in life. So it's like Lord Finesse said recently, "Too many people discredit classics that they weren't playing when they dropped, or weren't exposed to". I'm old enough to have copped both the first day they both dropped. So I can speak to what was going on when both of them came out. Dudes be on here talking about, "I finally gave Illmatic a listen and this is what I think". FOH! 30 years later! LOL!!

Nah, if you weren't old enough to go buy that when it came out, I don’t want to hear your opinion on no classics. Premier, Nas, Common, Black Thought, Large Professor, Pete Rock, Jay-Z, Monch, Redman, Ghostface, Scarface, Mos Def, Cormega, Method Man, Q-Tip and mad others all say Illmatic is Nas's best and one of the best albums ever. And I love IWW, but I have never heard anyone say it was one of the best albums ever. When that dropped, the community hated on it. Nobody hated Illmatic.
Bro there's plenty people who were around for both who prefer IWW. Nas' own peoples prefer it. Plenty rappers as well. Let's get it straight here. There is really no wrong answer imo. Cause while some people prefer IWW. It's just that they hold both albums in such high regard. Not only one of em. Which I think it's dope. Cause it was a time where IWW was getting revisionist hate. When in real time that shyt had the streets on fire.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Its interesting..
When Illmatic was out me and my brother was in to Def Squad..Red, Keith and E double. We would steal the cassette singles to Illmatic but not the whole album..lol.

Our ears weren't really programmed to Nas and QB style. So when Mobb dropped, we instantly understood QB shyt by then. I bought IWW and then went back to get Illmatic.

Illmatic has the more classic songs, IWW is my fav tho

JYoung24

Young J
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was written is better to me I think it's the best hip hop album ever I might be biased tho