It cost $220M to dev TLOU2 (The economics of AAA games) Update: Spider-man 2 info

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
It’s easy to lower the cost. Stop making these over expensive AAA games that want to be movies. Games don’t have to have these sorts of production values to be fun and enjoyable.
Then when they do that nikkas is gonna say they bored a the same bullshyt

Nothing will satisfy people

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Then when they do that nikkas is gonna say they bored a the same bullshyt

Nothing will satisfy people

Someone had a meltdown on here about spider-man 2 not being next gen enough lol

That “i want games to have worse graphics, developers to make more, blah blah” mantra that people love to post would go very different if all their favorite AAA developers started following it.

“1000 planets :gladbron:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
It really depends on the game.

TLOU2 was very much a "swing big, hit big" type of release. It was more or less guaranteed to be successful.

Smaller devs with no track record or big IPs can't compete with that.

If we're at the point where innovation needs to be bankrolled or money-hatted to exist, that's a damn shame.

Well, from the apparent expectation levels of the gaming masses, it seems that to some degree that is what it is. It's funny, everything that hits big on the grand scheme of things, the core gaming audience states they don't want so much. I guess that's typical of all things becoming mainstream tho.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Why they black out some things when all u need to do is zoom in and see the numbers? :dead:

Lawsuit.
This document has to be from a lawsuit.

Business practices/#s like this are highly confidential, almost like showing F1 Engine Specs or the Coca Cola secret formula. I'm dead serious.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Lots of numbers have come out due to these court proceedings.

You can believe hype and PR or you can believe the numbers set in front of you :ehh:
"Come out" from where?

Who exactly is it saying that this game cost 220 million?

Is there a document that says exactly what the 220 million was spent on that ended turning into a video game that was released called The Last of Us 2?

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
If the game cost 40 dollars per unit they'd need to sell 5.5 million before they can profit

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Are you going to post your nintendo wrap up or naw
:mjtf:

Now you want my Nintendo score? I've only played like 2 maybe 3 switch games this year sofar, (possibly one more before December is up) one I'm sure I have over 200 hours. How many games y'all gotta see across systems to be appeased.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
:mjtf:

Now you want my Nintendo score? I've only played like 2 maybe 3 switch games this year sofar, (possibly one more before December is up) one I'm sure I have over 200 hours. How many games y'all gotta see across systems to be appeased.

@OnlyFrans why this nikka capping yo