IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Does anyone else find it difficult to job hunt while employed? There's only so many times I can call out sick.

And whoever said that job listings are trash right now is absolutely right. It's so bad that my friend described a job he applied for and I correctly guessed the company based on his description.

Last edited:

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Does anyone else find it difficult to job hunt while employed? There's only so many times I can call out sick.

And whoever said that job listings are trash right now is absolutely right. It's so bad that my friend described a job he applied for and I correctly guessed the company based on his description.

Nope, I find it pretty rasy. Hell you get more calls whrn you are employed than when you are unemployed.

Jobs are low now because.it is the low season, that said I take it you are probably looking in one geographic area. Open the area up and.use more job.search apps.

Typically I schedule interviews on my lunch breaks and maybe take an extra hour before or after to give yohrself a 2 hour block. That or tell them you can.do a skype interview.

Splash

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Had a review with my manager today
He start gettin emotional and shyt when he talkin about the workload
This nikka on hella anti depressants all cos of work :gucci: talkin bout he leaves 7 or 8pm everyday

Im lookin at this nikka like I aint come here for all this :gucci: I leave at 4 30 and its WAY earlier when your ass aint around:skip:

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
This nikka on hella anti depressants all cos of work :gucci: talkin bout he leaves 7 or 8pm everyday

Im lookin at this nikka like I aint come here for all this :gucci: I leave at 4 30 and its WAY earlier when your ass aint around:skip:

Very commong in the IT world. I never had it that bad but I use to pile on OT(averaged about 20 hours a week). Never again. If I have to work OT im taking that out of my 40 for the week. If someone doesn't like it, too bad. I can always find another job and will not put my health in jeopardy for any company.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Very commong in the IT world. I never had it that bad but I use to pile on OT(averaged about 20 hours a week). Never again. If I have to work OT im taking that out of my 40 for the week. If someone doesn't like it, too bad. I can always find another job and will not put my health in jeopardy for any company.

shyt my last job..working more than 40 hours in a week was common...but i was salaried so no OT...shyt eventually burned me out

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
shyt my last job..working more than 40 hours in a week was common...but i was salaried so no OT...shyt eventually burned me out

I didn't get burnt out but I started drinking more. Eventually i just said fukk it I'm not doing it anymore.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Why are you calling out sick? Schedule calls for lunch/break hours and leave early or come in late for in-person interviews. See if you can work an adjusted schedule, like come in an hour earlier so you can leave an hour earlier or something and schedule around that. You don't need to take a whole day off to find a job, but its EASIER and way more convenient when you aren't working.

Last edited:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Gospel!!! My manager in back to back meetings this afternoon. Im about to wrap shyt up now.