IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Jim Jones

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NC
Yea I went to one in Vegas..I have a whole lot of Cisco certs...It will be nice to meet some of the authors of the books/Video that I have read and watch.

I'm very interested in meeting Kevin Wallace :wow: assuming he makes it

Word. I'm takin my ccna in may, I just want to go down there to network (no pun)

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I got the System Admin position!

I start in two weeks :smugfavre:

Congrats breh :blessed:. What you gonna be doing there. You hit a hunna yet?

If so, welcome to the no nikkas club :nonikkas:. You're welcome kit should arrive shortly.

lepard

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Congrats breh :blessed:. What you gonna be doing there. You hit a hunna yet?

If so, welcome to the no nikkas club :nonikkas:. You're welcome kit should arrive shortly.
my nikka :myman:

what will you be doing there

Not quite at the six figure mark, but I'll be there within the next year or so.

Well the main thing I will be doing is rebuilding the existing servers, OS (windows) patches, provisioning, monitoring, you know the works. I can't wait.

Good times ahead brehs :noah:

lepard

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Got me "Learn Windows PowerShell in a Month of Lunches" and been reading it for two days

se1f_made

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
congrats breh :obama:

How many you got left?

Preciate it, got the 70-642 (Network Infrastructure config) and 70-646 (Server admin) hopefully I can get each knocked out in a month's span. That AD config was a damn beast, spent about 5 months preparing for it :damn:

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Looks like the CCIE materials is finally released. I'm passing that bytch this year :birdman:

Preciate it, got the 70-642 (Network Infrastructure config) and 70-646 (Server admin) hopefully I can get each knocked out in a month's span. That AD config was a damn beast, spent about 5 months preparing for it :damn:

Do you manage AD or are you pretty new to it? You better get to studying breh. Don't wanna let August hit you and you take a massive L. All that hard work and no certs :pachaha:

se1f_made

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Looks like the CCIE materials is finally released. I'm passing that bytch this year :birdman:

Do you manage AD or are you pretty new to it? You better get to studying breh. Don't wanna let August hit you and you take a massive L. All that hard work and no certs :pachaha:
Still new to AD. System admin at my job is overbearing with the infrastructure so my access to AD in the enviorment is limited to ADUC and WS08 R2 vms that I set up for labwork.

August will be here soon so I'm grinding. My plan is to knock out the MCSA cert by this summer, earn the CCNA be Sept then decide my career path from there. June will make 3 years in the IT industry and I'm still making slightly above entry level pay (huge L, I already know)