IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Rice'N Beckford

**King of ADOS**
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Lie on that resume :stopitslime:

go buy a 20 dollar PC take it apart but it back together

Command prompt, just practice - look for real world cases where you can use it. Build up a pattern.

Yeah My nikka just aent me his resume and he has been at a couple help desk jobs. Im taking pieces of his exp and putting it on my resume:wow:.

I just dont wanna be exposed on an interview. But fukk it. Dog eat dog world and I need a new gig asap:stopitslime:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I won't get excited, but I had a good conversation with a recruiter last night about a position with a company I previously contracted with. It's my goal salary and he seemed sincere enough about wanting to help me. I have a few other things in the pipeline as well, but nothing as good as this.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I won't get excited, but I had a good conversation with a recruiter last night about a position with a company I previously contracted with. It's my goal salary and he seemed sincere enough about wanting to help me. I have a few other things in the pipeline as well, but nothing as good as this.

No Such thing as a Goal Salary. Skies the limit :blessed:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
This Cysa+ got way more depth than the Sec+ for damn sure. Had to push that hoe back two weeks. :whoo:

Jumping straight to the CISSP after all this.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Whoever said “the further you advance in IT, the less work you have to do” was not lying.

I’m a network admin and 90% of my time is spent surfing the web and studying for certs. I can’t believe I get paid for this:wow:

Right now I’m trying finish up the second half of the CCNA data center certification before I start going deeper into Python and working on my CCNP R&S. There’s always something new to learn brehs
True shyt, I did WAAAY more work at call center, retail, helpdesk than I do now. :russ:

Pyrexcup

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Real talk, job game just like the dating game. Build yourself up & call your own shots.

It's honestly crazy going from getting my first helpdesk gig four years ago to turning down 100k offers four years later :wow:
you have come a long way :mjcry:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nice!!! The Qlik products are amazing...the BI team here at my company work heavily with it.
For sure! I loved working with the product and hopefully I'll get a chance to again, plus it's a really good company. I applied for a remote mid-level role for another company, obviously not as much pay, but I'm still excited.