IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Anyone here apply for Federal positions, how long did you wait for a reply?
I applied for federal, civilian position 3 months ago. I was given an offer today.
You time might vary.
I find USAJOBs isn't shyt though for the most part, I got offered my civilian position via submission by CDI contractor.
I was getting referred via usajobs and hearing nothing back

.r.

Veteran
Daps
I applied for federal, civilian position 3 months ago. I was given an offer today.
You time might vary.
I find USAJOBs isn't shyt though for the most part, I got offered my civilian position via submission by CDI contractor.
I was getting referred via usajobs and hearing nothing back

“CDI” ???

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Today I was told that there's going to be layoffs tomorrow. I have to go in early to help shutdown accounts.

I hope the people I'm cool with are spared.

Tr0yTV

All Star
Daps
Cyber attack modeling & simulation is the next wave. Get in before it's too late :mjpls:

Just finished the interview process for a Pen testing role.

Heard from one of the big 4 today. I'll see what they talkin bout :youngsabo:

Last edited:

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
Question, so I interviewed for four different positions with this company..I am interested in getting the name on my resume. 3rd hiring manager, already contacted me within an hour of the interview because he wants me on his team BUT the only reason I want the position is to get the company on my name.

The first two positions is what I would prefer. As a matter of fact I would gladly change locations to move to but this one I am not particularly interested in.

Tr0yTV

All Star
Daps
Question, so I interviewed for four different positions with this company..I am interested in getting the name on my resume. 3rd hiring manager, already contacted me within an hour of the interview because he wants me on his team BUT the only reason I want the position is to get the company on my name.

What's the question? :skip:

See if u get an offer from the other two, first. Worst case scenario; accept the position you don't want, and transfer to another team when ur eligible.

GollyImGully

Too many wavy women, gotta log outta IG
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Cyber attack modeling & simulation is the next wave. Get in before it's too late :mjpls:

Just finished the interview process at a consulting firm. Pen testing role.

Heard from one of the big 4 today. I'll see what they talkin bout :youngsabo:
what your IT experience looking like fam? :jbhmm:

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Today I was told that there's going to be layoffs tomorrow. I have to go in early to help shutdown accounts.

I hope the people I'm cool with are spared.
8 people were laid off. 6 in customer service, a senior recruiter, and the receptionist.

I think I should bail out, but I don't have the skills for the type of job that I really want.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
8 people were laid off. 6 in customer service, a senior recruiter, and the receptionist.

I think I should bail out, but I don't have the skills for the type of job that I really want.

Do a lateral move at a minimum. No need to stay at an obvious sinking ship.

GollyImGully

Too many wavy women, gotta log outta IG
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
That depends... Are we talking about my resume or the truth? :lolbron:
According to my resume; I'm the man. 2+ years in various security roles ranging from Incident Response to Application Security. I can talk the talk with the best of 'em doe:myman:
The resume :lolbron:

Honestly it aint shyt wrong with stretching the truth especially if you can talk it and know your shyt :russ: Im soon ready for my next finesse :takedat: