IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

se1f_made

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
From what I've been told it's just voice. You know that can always change once you get in .
True, good luck. Soak up the exp but if it were me I wouldn't get immersed in voice. Id be trying to branch off into something that's gonna give you flexibility like networking or systems side. UCS is a very small niche and all it takes is 1 decision or another vendor like Avaya offering major savings and you could be priced out of a job. Get that bag while u there tho breh :salute:

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
True, good luck. Soak up the exp but if it were me I wouldn't get immersed in voice. Id be trying to branch off into something that's gonna give you flexibility like networking or systems side. UCS is a very small niche and all it takes is 1 decision or another vendor like Avaya offering major savings and you could be priced out of a job. Get that bag while u there tho breh :salute:

Taking the A+ 901 tomorrow. Feeling kinda bombarded by the sheer amount of potential questions and trying to memorize answers for it all. Does anyone know of any questions that will specifically be on the test? I know they all differ but, do I really need to know SD DDR3 has 240 pins? or for that matter ALL the pin numbers of every single type of memory? Any tips?

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell
Taking the A+ 901 tomorrow. Feeling kinda bombarded by the sheer amount of potential questions and trying to memorize answers for it all. Does anyone know of any questions that will specifically be on the test? I know they all differ but, do I really need to know SD DDR3 has 240 pins? or for that matter ALL the pin numbers of every single type of memory? Any tips?

That's my main issue with the test. I feel confident on most of the material. I'm a little hesitant about the RAM pins.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
That's my main issue with the test. I feel confident on most of the material. I'm a little hesitant about the RAM pins.

I'm just going in like fukk it. If I failed I pay to see what the fukk the test looks like. because gotdamn this test post to be 90 questions. But its like 700 questions between all the training modules and other shyt online.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
YaWTrj9.png

Gonna build me a Raspberry Pi Cluster and play with some configuration management tools :blessed:

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama

Failed it with a 640 out of 675. Have a much better understanding. Don't fukk around wasting your time with Exam cram quizzes or taking every note they suggest may be on the test. Think of it from a PC tech perspective. Gonna try to find better info to study but Exam Cram and most online quizzes(examcompass, crucial exams aren't really going to help you) Hopefully this saves you a few dollars and gives you a clue to how it differs from what you see online. It's not hard, but a lot of shyt you might study for you really wont need.

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell
Failed it with a 640 out of 675. Have a much better understanding. Don't fukk around wasting your time with Exam cram quizzes or taking every note they suggest may be on the test. Think of it from a PC tech perspective. Gonna try to find better info to study but Exam Cram and most online quizzes(examcompass, crucial exams aren't really going to help you) Hopefully this saves you a few dollars and gives you a clue to how it differs from what you see online. It's not hard, but a lot of shyt you might study for you really wont need.

Was there any questions about the number of pins for ram? Also were some of the questions straight forward or were they sort of trick questions?

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Was there any questions about the number of pins for ram? Also were some of the questions straight forward or were they sort of trick questions?

Keep in mind test may vary BUT.

No RAM pin questions at all. Hell barely even any ram questions for real.

Off hand one I can think of is What is the difference between DDR 2 and DDR 3?

No cable length questions.

No questions about CPU sockets(I've you studied I know you've seen them (LGA775, AMD etc...)

There are a lot of questions about networking imo more so than hardware(which makes up 34% of the exam)

Know about Command line tools.

know this
AdvancedDragDrop-1024x478.png

and this
A901_PBQ_HDD.png

and study Printing.

this too.
comptia-1.jpg

Everything I posted was ACTUALLY on the test I took.

lepard

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Got an interview early next week with Lockheed brehs - Sr Systems Engineer.

I was offered the job from my previous post, but they wouldn't budge on allowing me to work from home twice a week.

:yeshrug:

Wish me luck

Last edited:

606onit

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Passport Abuse
My question is about a laptop.....im gonna dedicate a new laptop to this cert life. I use a thinkpad and im PC Friendly so....whats a good upgrade that's durable and reliable?

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
o my mom called me and asked "How's your job going and how's training?" :jbhmm:

So I explain her my role as a SRE. I'm handing the alerting system and doing some changes on the fly. Some of the technologies like ElasticSearch and Zookeeper I'm unfamiliar with, but I'm not the one managing those, I'm simply attempting to keep the reliability of these services up. I'm explaining that htere is some learning curve to it since I've been there only a little over a month.

She asks "Is it something you know, or is it something you're learning? :usure:"

:francis:

She works in technology (Telecommunication) and she should know there's always a technology that is dumped and a new hotness is introduced every 2-3 years. Kind of irritated me. There's even jobs that ask if you can program in any language because that generally translates in you being able to pick up others rather quickly.

Then she asked

"You're not breaking anything are you?" :dwillhuh:

It was like taking to my grandma about it. I dunno why but I sort of get annoyed or feel my intelligence is challenged when I get a job offer and I get challenge by my own family (the females in it really) about whether or not I can do the job lol.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
o my mom called me and asked "How's your job going and how's training?" :jbhmm:

So I explain her my role as a SRE. I'm handing the alerting system and doing some changes on the fly. Some of the technologies like ElasticSearch and Zookeeper I'm unfamiliar with, but I'm not the one managing those, I'm simply attempting to keep the reliability of these services up. I'm explaining that htere is some learning curve to it since I've been there only a little over a month.

She asks "Is it something you know, or is it something you're learning? :usure:"

:francis:

She works in technology (Telecommunication) and she should know there's always a technology that is dumped and a new hotness is introduced every 2-3 years. Kind of irritated me. There's even jobs that ask if you can program in any language because that generally translates in you being able to pick up others rather quickly.

Then she asked

"You're not breaking anything are you?" :dwillhuh:

It was like taking to my grandma about it. I dunno why but I sort of get annoyed or feel my intelligence is challenged when I get a job offer and I get challenge by my own family (the females in it really) about whether or not I can do the job lol.

None of my fam understands what I do and just have the :mjgrin: face if we ever talk about my work