IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
So I got an offer as anticipated from NetSuite. Lower than I anticipated but high amount of equity. The issue is that I'm going to a place with a higher cost of living than I was living in and getting lower salary. I would be comfortable with 10K more on top of the offer.

So I have to consider some things here.

NetSuite in Austin?

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Brehs of these certs what's the fastest for me to complete?

Certs:
A+
Net+
CCNA+
CEH+
Linux+
Microsoft certifications
FCC GROL
General Communications Technician (GCT1/GCT2)

Daps
Brehs of these certs what's the fastest for me to complete?

Certs:
A+
Net+
CCNA+
CEH+
Linux+
Microsoft certifications
FCC GROL
General Communications Technician (GCT1/GCT2)
Search the job boards in your area and see which of those certs are most in demand. Its going to be different for every area and dependant on jobs you are looking for. CEH+ likely won t help you get an entry level helpdesk job even though its a solid cert. A+ may.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm not going to work or deal with any of them (I'm an end user not an IT guy) but for some odd reason it appears on my career map...so I was like it doesn't hurt to do an easy one to check the block.

Search the job boards in your area and see which of those certs are most in demand. Its going to be different for every area and dependant on jobs you are looking for. CEH+ likely won t help you get an entry level helpdesk job even though its a solid cert. A+ may.