IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
fukking hate this shyt, but i'm gonna look at it tomorrow. If i can't get it, just gonna say fukk the CCNA cause i skipped clean over this shyt on my Net+ exam

If you don't have the discipline to learn something as simple as subnetting, you'll never make it out of help desk and you definitely won't make it in networking. This is level 1 stuff and basic as hell. If you can't handle that, what are you gonna do when you have a network outage and a priority 1 server isn't receiving traffic?

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
If you don't have the discipline to learn something as simple as subnetting, you'll never make it out of help desk and you definitely won't make it in networking. This is level 1 stuff and basic as hell. If you can't handle that, what are you gonna do when you have a network outage and a priority 1 server isn't receiving traffic?
I do that shyt now, and i'd pass it off :dame:

Rebooting the server would most likely fix that shyt tho :mjpls:

Silkk

Daps
Enjoy help desk breh
That don't work on me

tumblr_mdpov0eprr1qfe672o1_400.gif

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
That don't work on me

tumblr_mdpov0eprr1qfe672o1_400.gif

Posting gif's of cacs ain't gonna help you breh. This is what you'll be doing for the rest of your career, I hope you enjoy :wow:

Boring service desk shyt like password resets. Im good in Houston, i just cant stand this wack ass level 1 shyt no more.

Silkk

Daps
Posting gif's of cacs ain't gonna help you breh. This is what you'll be doing for the rest of your career, I hope you enjoy :wow:
Job boring but i have the flexibility needed right now, just turned down a 80k network analyst position to stay in Houston. Jobs will be there.

That psychology stuff may work on other guys, not i :heh:

DMGAINGREEN

Transitioning from Sec 8 to tha Sky scrapes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
How many hours have you spent working on your resume this weekend?
Yesterday before I went to bed I spent probably an hour and some change tweaking up what I already had , basically putting my skills and computer knowledge on there , but I'm still not really satisfied , I feel like something is missing for some reason . I've been doing this almost everyday for like a week .

You have any experience? And I don't necessarily even mean just job experience....college classes or projects related to IT, volunteering, fixing your cousin's computer, etc. Anything would help.

That said you might have to do what I did and start out in a call center. My first IT job was a tech support rep making $10/hr basically just resetting passwords and telling people to reboot their modems and I was able to get a helpdesk technician job after that. Once you have your first job it gets easier to find the next one. I would say hit up Comcast/AT&T/Verizon/etc or whatever ISPs are in your area to see if they're hiring. Their tech support departments usually have high turnover, so they take people with no experience as long as they're reasonably tech saavy and can be polite on the phone.
Good looks for the valid advice breh , will definitely follow suit :salute:

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Job boring but i have the flexibility needed right now, just turned down a 80k network analyst position to stay in Houston. Jobs will be there.

That psychology stuff may work on other guys, not i :heh:

It's not psychology breh, I'm just reposting what you wrote :heh:

Was this a job that you actually got or a job a recruiter emailed you about? Because I'm confused why you would turn down a job paying 80k as a Network analyst so you can make less money doing something you don't like :patrice:

Silkk

Daps
It's not psychology breh, I'm just reposting what you wrote :heh:

Was this a job that you actually got or a job a recruiter emailed you about? Because I'm confused why you would turn down a job paying 80k as a Network analyst so you can make less money doing something you don't like :patrice:
It was in my hometown of baton rouge. I love Houston to much go back, especially so soon.

Plus here i have time to study at work and improve my craft, BS on here, and meet a lot of dope people.

Like right now i'm just posting on here while doing my CCNA courses

lepard

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm a Sr System Administrator right now, need to find a way to break into the six figures asap

Any ideas?

I want to go into System Engineering but once you get in there, people don't leave!