IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I assume its going to be in Python or something?

nah but good luck

I dunno. The hiring manager said it would be some troubleshooting of linux machines and scripting. I did the practice test, shyt was in C, had me looking like :why:. I'm pretty decent with Python but I know very little C.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I dunno. The hiring manager said it would be some troubleshooting of linux machines and scripting. I did the practice test, shyt was in C, had me looking like :why:. I'm pretty decent with Python but I know very little C.
:pachaha:

Python will spoil you too because the syntax is so straight forward from the times i messed with it. I looked uo the role and the descriptions I saw said nothing about C :dahell:, stuff like this is what scares me about some of these technical interviews :damn:

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
Yea Im on the business side now and pretty much have always had to make sense of the stuff architects and programmers do to the business stakeholders. I am techie but have not had technical roles if that makes sense and in todays industry on paper they make it appear like now they want business analyst/consultants to have more hands on technical experience when you get to the higher level roles. I was looking into getting into Solution Engineering and than back dooring that into eventually being an architect BUT to get into that most jobs want people who were former sys admins and stuff. Im a senior BA right now so that would he taking a step backwards trying to become a sys admin. July will make 4 yrs of me being in my career post college so to be a senior BA in under 4 yrs is good progress but it seems im approaching some what of a slow down when it comes to hitting the 6 figure mark as a lead. I know i gotta be humble and who knows what the next 2 yrs has in store for me especially since i will he done with my masters by then. Im just conflicted on what i skills i should be focusing on now to set me up for the future because when i finish my masters i want to be at 6 figures within 1-2 yrs of completion.
yea if you want to be an architect then you will need to have paid your dues in the sys admin/network engineer/security, etc. streets for a few years. Do you REALLY want to be an architect or are you just trying to figure out a way to get 6 figures? what do you REALLY want to do is the first question. if the money is all you're really after, there's easier ways to do it for someone with your background. You might be better off at one of the management firms like accenture/deloitte. as I was leaving my previous job, the customer brought deloitte in to help better manage the project because it was a massive rollout and our company was too small to handle everything. these deloitte guys weren't super technical or hands-on but could understand just enough from us the engineers/architects to be able to communicate it to the stakeholders. this might be your lane. and i'm sure all those guys were doing 120/130k minimum

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
I know plenty of engineers working at Cisco that hates sales because they have no clue about the services they are selling but throw everything to the feet of the engineers who have to essentially tell the customer that sales lead them wrong and they can't get what they are asking (and supposedly) paid for. I didn't know sales was getting paid like that tho.
that's essentially about to be me next month :beli:

not all sales folks are eating that well, but if you can get a good region and customer base to cover you're set. I'm sure cacs in the good ol boy network get most of the high revenue regions or customer base. if you new or black you probably get shytty ones which will limit your potential. One sales dude I know got DoD as one of his clients. govt agencies like that have damn near unlimited budgets for spending on technology. he's making 500k annually just from the commission he gets off this one customer alone.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
yea if you want to be an architect then you will need to have paid your dues in the sys admin/network engineer/security, etc. streets for a few years. Do you REALLY want to be an architect or are you just trying to figure out a way to get 6 figures? what do you REALLY want to do is the first question. if the money is all you're really after, there's easier ways to do it for someone with your background. You might be better off at one of the management firms like accenture/deloitte. as I was leaving my previous job, the customer brought deloitte in to help better manage the project because it was a massive rollout and our company was too small to handle everything. these deloitte guys weren't super technical or hands-on but could understand just enough from us the engineers/architects to be able to communicate it to the stakeholders. this might be your lane. and i'm sure all those guys were doing 120/130k minimum

Im at a deloitte/accenture competitor right now. I prefer being on the business side as im straight on the grunt work of technical roles, the role of an architect is one that fasinates me as I am tech savy (usually way more technical than most of my business counter parts). Im good at Solutioning but of course in an Enterprise Architect role their solutioning is more Technical than functional. Most companies tend to use Enterprise Architects more so than Business Architects which is why I was/am conflicted. Im probably better off going the route of being a Product Manager or something.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Get alot of traffic to some cacs website to shut it down. What else do u think ? :dahell:

nikka you gonna fukk around and end up in handcuffs. You dont just do a DDOS attack against a site, and I'm sure you have no clue how to properly hide your tracks.

The Patriot Act now lists hacking as a federal crime with a 10 year mandatory minimum, and DDOS falls under that category.

You seem like a hard headed nikka though so you probably need to learn the hard way.

You gon fukk around and end up like Aaron Schwartz and committing that.

Feds Charge Activist with 13 Felonies for Rogue Downloading of Academic Articles

Last edited:

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
nikka you gonna fukk around and end up in handcuffs. You dont just do a DDOS attack against a site, and I'm sure you have no clue how to properly hide your tracks.

The Patriot Act now lists hacking as a federal crime with a 10 year mandatory minimum, and DDOS falls under that category.

You seem like a hard headed nikka though so you probably need to learn the hard way.

You gon fukk around and end up like Aaron Schwartz and committing that.

Feds Charge Activist with 13 Felonies for Rogue Downloading of Academic Articles

Damn. U didnt have to go so hard :to: but ok u right i understand

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
You wouldn't be the first person who got arrested on some dumb shyt not understanding the consequences.

i seen him asking for that shyt here too, multiple times :deadrose:

Any of you guys know a great DDOS software?

Anyone know any good programs to download that specialize in DDOS attacks? Was thinking of primarily attacking an email but also contemplating using it on thecoli.com :troll:

Can one of you guys help me with hacking a gmail password? I tried phishing but these hosting sites aint working

If I can see it, what the federal government seeing?
full
ask for a one-way ticket to jail brehs

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
nikkas is playing with fire and don't even realize it :wow:

I'm trying to behave on the internet these days :wow: I was talking to my security architect about a career in the field and he used to do contracting for the government. Apparently they do crazy background checks and submit you to a polygraph? :dahell:

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I'm trying to behave on the internet these days :wow: I was talking to my security architect about a career in the field and he used to do contracting for the government. Apparently they do crazy background checks and submit you to a polygraph? :dahell:

It depends on what government agency you work for but yeah that's true. I gotta job working for the NIH (federal agency) working as a security engineer and it required me to get secret clearance. They told me them boys was gonna start going around the neighborhoods I lived and start talking to my old neighbors and shyt. Then they wanted to know how many times I left the country, how long I was there, and who I was visiting :dahell:. I'd have to also get a polygraph and they was gonna dig through my financial information and shyt :damn:

Dude straight up told me getting clearance is having the government getting alllll the way in your ass.

I told them I was cool, I got too many felons and ex cons as family and friends to be digging up old shyt :whoa:

Daps
Reppin
MD

I had 2 poly done before. The form you have to fill out is over 150 page.