IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I'm getting started learning Python & SAS to accompany my soon to come MBA. My homeboy said I should go ahead and get this VMWARE Data Center cert as well with very little hassle (no proctored exam). What do yall think ?

How much experience you got and in what area?

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I ended up getting job #2, I start the first week of April. Pays 45k, but I tried to talk them up to 50. I think what really bugs me is that I didn't get a week off between jobs. They said that a higher up is visiting so they want me to start ASAP.

Edit: I also had to do a second interview.

It's weird that I'm already plotting how long I'm going to stay and what I need \want to learn before I dip. I think working retail taught me to never be too loyal.

You started working on you MCSE yet :usure:?

Illmagic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
From yall experience do you have to have Net+ to be considered for a NOC job? Im still studying for my retake and I was wondering since thats a entry level networking gig. Maybe seeing some of the stuff im studying in action would help me in my rematch with the net+ exam.

Tunez

Lloyd Banks Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside, 2gz Up
I, Candidate’s First and Last Name, give Company Name the exclusive right to represent me to CompuCom for job posting 42847 in the capacity of Config Tech II in New York, NY.

Full Name

___________________ ________________

Month and Day of Birth Last 4 of SS#

____________________ _____________

Date (mm/dd/yy) Time (hh:mm)

Should I do it? help

krexzen

All Star
Daps
From yall experience do you have to have Net+ to be considered for a NOC job? Im still studying for my retake and I was wondering since thats a entry level networking gig. Maybe seeing some of the stuff im studying in action would help me in my rematch with the net+ exam.

CCNA or JNCIA. Show them that you're familiar with a vendor.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Got an interview with Red Hat for a Cloud Consultant role. They want me to take a technical assessment with HackerRank. Anyone ever take any of these?

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
CCNA or JNCIA. Show them that you're familiar with a vendor.

I am too interested in NOC engineer roles I'll have a BSc in IT in a few semesters but I don't know what certs to get.

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I, Candidate’s First and Last Name, give Company Name the exclusive right to represent me to CompuCom for job posting 42847 in the capacity of Config Tech II in New York, NY.

Full Name

___________________ ________________

Month and Day of Birth Last 4 of SS#

____________________ _____________

Date (mm/dd/yy) Time (hh:mm)

Should I do it? help

Yeah, they do that so that other recruiter's can't submit you for the same position.

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan

Net+ is worthless breh. I haven't seen a single company ask for it.