IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
AD Security Engineer gig that came in my inbox yesterday. $60/hr :ehh:

PxSACQ3j.png
JVdulDKQ.png

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
one of my friends just got a job at first data. He said he's getting paid pretty well. this is the office in Delaware though.

I get emailed at least once a month about a job at first data. Either they're growing like crazy or their turnover rate is high as fukk :merchant:

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
Pros

The people at First Data are great! That's it, nothing else. Don't come to FD. Everyone is trying to get out.

Cons

Everything. Stay far away. They bring you here and then do everything to screw their employees. Cut all benefits, misrepresented stock opportunity to new hires - blatantly lied. No 401k match. No regard for employees - viewed as easily replaceable. Wouldn't know talent if it hit them in the face - and don't know how to develop and engage their talent. Lie to employees about everything and put a 'spin' on everything. No integrity, 0 ethics. The worst company I have ever worked for. Would never refer an enemy here. CEO is constantly devising new ways to take money from employees. What company pays more stock than cash to the majority of employees? First Data. CEO may have been good at Chase but why wasn't he next in line for CEO? He has no people skills and just doesn't give a hoot about employees. Too much more to list. Stay away.Show Less

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Fell short on that net+ exam. :to: Debating on if I should try it again. Im just not really interested in the material the way I was when I studied for A+. Maybe networking ain't my lane. Ive read that I should get the net+ before attempting security plus. Would yall agree with that?

Don't waste your time/money going for the Network+. Companies never ask for it. If you want to learn networking go for the CCENT/CCNA.

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Around 27/hr. :ehh:

Not coli baller status yet :to: but not bad for a kid from the east side of Detroit.

How many years of experience you got :patrice:

If you got more than 3 years and you only making $27/hr you fukking up :ufdup:

My one goal is to get y'all to realize there is REAL money out there in IT. Don't settle for $27/hr, settle for $72/hr :blessed:

krexzen

All Star
Daps

Pros

The people at First Data are great! That's it, nothing else. Don't come to FD. Everyone is trying to get out.

Cons

Everything. Stay far away. They bring you here and then do everything to screw their employees. Cut all benefits, misrepresented stock opportunity to new hires - blatantly lied. No 401k match. No regard for employees - viewed as easily replaceable. Wouldn't know talent if it hit them in the face - and don't know how to develop and engage their talent. Lie to employees about everything and put a 'spin' on everything. No integrity, 0 ethics. The worst company I have ever worked for. Would never refer an enemy here. CEO is constantly devising new ways to take money from employees. What company pays more stock than cash to the majority of employees? First Data. CEO may have been good at Chase but why wasn't he next in line for CEO? He has no people skills and just doesn't give a hoot about employees. Too much more to list. Stay away.

Advice to Management

Your 'owner-associates' are not stupid - they see right through you. Do some research - if you want to increase the stock price, focus on your employees - there is a direct linkage there. Stop thinking you know everything and listen to the ideas of others. This isn't the 1980s... Your management skills need to progress and change with the times. FD is a good company, but you are bringing it down.

Damn! I love reading glassdoor reviews.

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
I wanna get into healthcare IT. but I'm not having any luck getting into the hospitals. I plan on going back to school to finish up my biology degree. Or should I get some certs. What certs would you recommend for Health IT?

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I wanna get into healthcare IT. but I'm not having any luck getting into the hospitals. I plan on going back to school to finish up my biology degree. Or should I get some certs. What certs would you recommend for Health IT?

What do you mean by health IT?

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
doing IT work in a hospital or healthcare setting. dealing with their systems

Ok, there's no such thing as Health IT FYI. Hospitals use the same infrastructure as any other business. If you really want to work in a hospital, familiarize yourself with HIPAA, HITRUST, and HITECH.

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
from my experience...its political and most hospitals really want someone to have some sort of healthcare background (IT or non IT) to break into that area

i've tried so many times :francis:

I'm confused why do y'all "want" to work in healthcare:patrice:

I used to and its no different than any other environment :ehh: