IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
gotta pay dues breh...it don't last forever..i worked corporate for a large retail chain where the only days i got off was christmas, thanksgiving, and easter..i had no PTO...if i missed a day i just didn't get paid for it
I'm above dues fam. I'm just for Houston & the women. I'm not attached to this job.

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Anyone ever interview for a Job directly with a company and then shortly after see a Contract job with same description and details that hit it was the job you just interviewed for pop up?

:mjcry::lupe:

I`d assume if a Company just wanted contractors they would have just stuck to the Staffing Agencies posting gigs, but then again the company would have to have a posting up first. Thing is I saw the Staffing Agency position posted AFTER the other role was closed for applications being that they are currently interviewing candidates.
:lupe:

Silkk

Daps
Anyone ever interview for a Job directly with a company and then shortly after see a Contract job with same description and details that hit it was the job you just interviewed for pop up?

:mjcry::lupe:

I`d assume if a Company just wanted contractors they would have just stuck to the Staffing Agencies posting gigs, but then again the company would have to have a posting up first. Thing is I saw the Staffing Agency position posted AFTER the other role was closed for applications being that they are currently interviewing candidates.
:lupe:
You talking about a job you applied for and didn't get?

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
You talking about a job you applied for and didn't get?

Applied, position was open for applications for 3 days then closed. The day after applying my job app status sad "App fwd to Hiring Manager", and 2 hrs later I saw dude looked at my linkedin :lolbron:, an hour later got email from director for interview (with Director and entire team, so none of the multiple interview stuff with HR,etc). At close of interview dude says "we have a a lot of interviews to do so whether you get job or not you will hear from HR in the upcoming weeks,so lets say in two weeks we do offer you the role how long from the offer would you need before you can start?". So two days after my interview the following week I see my status update from "App fwd to Hiring Manager" to "You meet min qualifications" with a full description along the lines of "congrats you are currently in the running, sit tight as we continue to work towards selecting best candidate". So 3 days from my status changing I notice on Indeed I see a job with very similar description for what I interviewed for (keep in mind company is now longer taking apps directly on their site), and their description of the client pretty much fits exactly the one I interviewed for, seeing this I shoot my resume to them that day, and recruiter for that listing actually hit me back today (will chat with her tomorrow).

Friday would make two weeks from original interview. So I`m asking is it weird that a staffing agency posts what appears to be the same job (in description they mention it as being Contract to hire, while direct job application mentions it as purely full time). It could be the same position with a different team, but I dont want to have her send them my resume and it end up being same gig I interviewed for and they looking like :martin:.

Silkk

Daps
Applied, position was open for applications for 3 days then closed. The day after applying my job app status sad "App fwd to Hiring Manager", and 2 hrs later I saw dude looked at my linkedin :lolbron:, an hour later got email from director for interview (with Director and entire team, so none of the multiple interview stuff with HR,etc). At close of interview dude says "we have a a lot of interviews to do so whether you get job or not you will hear from HR in the upcoming weeks,so lets say in two weeks we do offer you the role how long from the offer would you need before you can start?". So two days after my interview the following week I see my status update from "App fwd to Hiring Manager" to "You meet min qualifications" with a full description along the lines of "congrats you are currently in the running, sit tight as we continue to work towards selecting best candidate". So 3 days from my status changing I notice on Indeed I see a job with very similar description for what I interviewed for (keep in mind company is now longer taking apps directly on their site), and their description of the client pretty much fits exactly the one I interviewed for, seeing this I shoot my resume to them that day, and recruiter for that listing actually hit me back today (will chat with her tomorrow).

Friday would make two weeks from original interview. So I`m asking is it weird that a staffing agency posts what appears to be the same job (in description they mention it as being Contract to hire, while direct job application mentions it as purely full time). It could be the same position with a different team, but I dont want to have her send them my resume and it end up being same gig I interviewed for and they looking like :martin:.
Nah i've seen that multiple times before. I thought you meant like they passed on you, and you were going try again as a contractor. I've seen some dudes pull it off.

Whats the job title?

D1renegade

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OK
I'm thinking about taking the security+. This tier 1 job that I applied for turned me away because of my lack of experience, but they told me to reapply after I got 6 months of experience at my current help desk job. This job provides tech support for one of the biggest air force bases in the nation and the interviewer name dropped sec+ as a good future cert, so attaining it would solidify me as a top candidate. That cert price tho..:mjcry:

I think I'll get the COMPTIA bundle that comes with the retake voucher and online training. If I start studying now I'll be ready to take the test by April, and that would mark 6 months at my current job.

If everything falls into place...:wow:

Just copped that Security+ :banderas:

Now the next round of job applications begin:shaq:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Nah i've seen that multiple times before. I thought you meant like they passed on you, and you were going try again as a contractor. I've seen some dudes pull it off.

Whats the job title?

It's a BA gig. I`m going to see what the Staffing lady is talking about. If it is for the same job I`m just going to tell her no thanks, and wait and see what these folks talking about. I asked via email if she could disclose client but she didnt respond.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Back in study mode, I want this MCSE :demonic:

Anyone certified in VMWare? I see more and more jobs with it :patrice: thats gonna run me like 2k tho:dame:

my current gig offers discounts in VMWare Certs, Im not doing summer school this summer so I`m trying to decide on what cert to get. Which MCSE you looking at? I was thinking SQL MCSA and then Bus Intel MCSE but I dont even see job descriptions that mention them.