IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I've got a follow up interview for this postion. Shout out to @bdizzle for the help\real talk.

Good luck breh. Start studying for the interview. More than likely they'll throw some technical questions at you. Post the job description and I can let you know what types of questions they might through your way.

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Yeah, I've re-did my whole resume and sent it out to a few listings online. Hopefully I finally get some callbacks.

Good lookin out on the MCSA, too. I wasn't even thinking about MS certs.

Yeah, most businesses run Windows so having a cert in Windows client (Win 7/8/10), Windows Server (2008/2012) or Active Directory will put you at an advantage since you'll probably be doing a lot of Windows related tickets in your job.

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I just got the Meyers Comptia A+ certification book.

Should I buy parts for a computer and make my own following along with the book, or do you guys think just studying the book on it's own is sufficient? I also plan on watching those Messer videos.

Check Craigslist for computers. You should be able to buy a desktop for like 150-200

GollyImGully

Too many wavy women, gotta log outta IG
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Man this new job is boring and easy as hell :dead: i knew it would be but gawdd damn :scust:

And these motherfukkers i work wit got some bad hygene :sadcam:

Its 60 in ny today this one guy wears a trenchcoat everyday. Dont even take the shyt off brehs, just sits at the computer wit it on. He came in pissed off because he was holding a big black bag and was wondering why people were staring at him on the train :dead: i was crying brehs after he told that story

Man whats the quickest yall ever left a job? i got a call about a network enginer position today and im wondering how i should procede if i can get an interview with them

No Homo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jigga with the Roley and the Vest
Man this new job is boring and easy as hell :dead: i knew it would be but gawdd damn :scust:

Its 60 in ny today this one guy wears a trenchcoat everyday. Dont even take the shyt off brehs, just sits at the computer wit it on. He came in pissed off because he was holding a big black bag and was wondering why people were staring at him on the train :dead: i was crying brehs after he told that story

Man whats the quickest yall ever left a job? i got a call about a network enginer position today and im wondering how i should procede if i can get an interview with them

The bolded ... :laff: :laff:

As for quickest ive left?

How about on the first day of work, i went to lunch and never came back :pachaha:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps

Whats in the bag? :lupe:

No Homo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
:dead: details :feedme:

Honestly idk :jbhmm: Because he ended up buying lunch now that I think about it :dwillhuh:

Few years ago i got a job doing support at a hospital. I dont like hospitals already but i was out of work for a while so i said fukk it.
When i got there and the dude was showing me around he was showing me some pc on wheels kinda thing the doctors and nurses used that had windows on it. He was like this is your primary thing to support day to day. Im like :francis: this is gonna be fun.
Im seeing all the sick patients, sad families. Just seemed like it was gonna be a shyt job and depressing. Especially for the pay. So when he finished showing me around we went back to the room and i sat at the desk there thinking this is gonna be some shyt i wanna go home i aint fukking with this job. So i told him im going to lunch. I went straight to the 4/5 train station back to brooklyn :mjlol:

Recruiter called me about 2 hrs later asking where i was they were worried. I was like im home sorry it wasnt for me and explained why.
She said she understood but i should've said something when i left :yeshrug:

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan

One month. I was at SunTrust Bank and hated that shyt and bounced. Told them to eat a dikk on the way out too.

JP_614

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Aloha State
How did you guys go about studying for you ccna exam? I'm in my last class few network class at my college for my associates and i'm currently in my last cisco network academy class and i need to know whats useful as far as what book i should be studying from and things of that nature. Anything will help #tpc

No Homo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
How did you guys go about studying for you ccna exam? I'm in my last class few network class at my college for my associates and i'm currently in my last cisco network academy class and i need to know whats useful as far as what book i should be studying from and things of that nature. Anything will help #tpc

www.9tut.com

King Ming

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Azania
Any of yall got any experience on Siemens Step & SCADA and Wincc PLC systems?

Our company just acquired a business that runs automated factory systems running on those two...

Illmagic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fell short on that net+ exam. :to: Debating on if I should try it again. Im just not really interested in the material the way I was when I studied for A+. Maybe networking ain't my lane. Ive read that I should get the net+ before attempting security plus. Would yall agree with that?