IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
yeah, they send you your equipment in the mail. I bought a KVM off Amazon for $10 and keep the laptop for my remote job under my desk and just switch back and forth between screens.

Plus getting paid weekly is :noah: On Fridays I'd get 3k from one job and on Tuesdays I'd 2k from the other :stylin::dj2:

I was getting real liberal with my money though. I'd go to strip club and drop a stack like it was nothing. I miss those days :mjcry:

I'm tying to get something like this setup now. My only problem is I have about 2-3 calls a week with my remote job and I'm afraid people will hear what I'm talking about and start asking questions.

I got like 3 interviews for a office gig lined up next week.

Daps
Reppin
MD
I decided to start studying for the CISSP since my job is willing to pay for the exam and any training class associated with the cert. What are some good books and videos I can use for studying?

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I'm tying to get something like this setup now. My only problem is I have about 2-3 calls a week with my remote job and I'm afraid people will hear what I'm talking about and start asking questions.

I got like 3 interviews for a office gig lined up next week.

Do what I did, grab a conference room of go have the call in your car.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
6 six 6 fig coalition this thread is massive and about to be my bible soon. My girl works for montefiore IT as an Epic CT. She made a lot of connects and cool with a director of it security there and other depts.

Whats the first step i should take to get into the door. Im not a younging im 33 working full time so i cant breeze thru it cuz my time is limited and i have no college degree in anything to do with it so should i go to school or get some certs study guides and lock in?

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I decided to start studying for the CISSP since my job is willing to pay for the exam and any training class associated with the cert. What are some good books and videos I can use for studying?
Me Too

Get the Shon Harris book off Amazon. Thats all you need.

Shon Harris videos on groupon only $69 under career academy. Dope but it's a LOOOOOOOOT to go through.

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
6 six 6 fig coalition this thread is massive and about to be my bible soon. My girl works for montefiore IT as an Epic CT. She made a lot of connects and cool with a director of it security there and other depts.

Whats the first step i should take to get into the door. Im not a younging im 33 working full time so i cant breeze thru it cuz my time is limited and i have no college degree in anything to do with it so should i go to school or get some certs study guides and lock in?

Stop making excuses breh. I passed my A+, CCNA, and MCP while working 40 hours a week and having a full load in college, and was on the Deans list and drove 2 hours on the weekend to hang with my gf while she was at college.

If you come into this with a shytty work ethic you'll never make it.

FatherSimp

Enough white hoes to last me thru ATL
Daps
Stop making excuses breh. I passed my A+, CCNA, and MCP while working 40 hours a week and having a full load in college, and was on the Deans list and drove 2 hours on the weekend to hang with my gf while she was at college.

I was looking for some movation and the big homie came thru with it :blessed:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
It's a lot of info but the content isn't difficult. I view it like a history test, just a bunch of shyt to memorize.
Yeah, it's definitely interesting. This not the type of shyt you can pass on a 1 month cram session tho.

I need to get a windows laptop so i can start fukking with this powershell too. My Macbook too :flabbynsick: at this point for a virtual machine :mjcry:

Splash

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

:wow::wow::wow:

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Yeah, it's definitely interesting. This not the type of shyt you can pass on a 1 month cram session tho.

I need to get a windows laptop so i can start fukking with this powershell too. My Macbook too :flabbynsick: at this point for a virtual machine :mjcry:

Use bootcamp

And I studied for about 6 months for my CISSP. I cut the cable off, stopped hanging with friends as much, and just bust my ass. I went from making 75k to 125k over night :whew: